Friday, June 24, 2005

Silken Stitches


Well then.... my silk from Hip Knits
arrived on Wednesday. It's so lovely, though I had a bit of a shock when I opened the parcel. Instead of being 500g of silk in 'Reef' colourway, I had roughly 437g of 'reef' and 217g of 'sari silk'.


Apparently there was less than they thought and I had paid for it already so they topped it up with the sar silk as an apology.... lovely thought so I forgive them totally as I should have enough to do as I wanted (hopefully!!).
I'm hoping to make a vest top... I couldn't find a pattern for exactly what I wanted, so I've devised a pattern with a software demo which is great!

It's available in full package but I'm saving up to buy all the different little versions! It's called Knitware and is really neat!
Also, I have started the clapotis, but at the moment it really doesn't look like anything but I hope it will grow into a nice fully grown clapotis one day; it is only a practice run but nothing should go to waste!


Unfortunately i ended up wasting a whole skein of some other sari silk I bought from ebay :o( I was swatching up for different projects and unfortunately sari silk hates being ripped out.... ah well next time I'll have to be sure before unwinding the remaining 3 skeins.

Seeing as it's late now i suppose I'll go to bed.... lets hope tomorrow sees the sunshine again, the rain today was refreching, but lets hope it moves on!

I'll try and update my blog a little faster now, but I'm still puzzled about the intricacies of blog design!!! Still, maybe I'll be able to cadge a coupla lessons of my DF (darling fiance). Plus I'll get back to you on how well my stitch markers are doing!

Have a good weekend!

2 comments:

Steph said...

Your silk top's looking great! Glad you're finding the Knitware demo useful. I don't know about the silk being fluffy; I've not started mine yet. I won't be able to go to the Knit Chat tomorrow unless DH manages to fix the washing machine in 1 hour - doubtful as it's a full rebuild to replace the main bearings! See you soon, Steph. :-)

Anonymous said...

I ordered some Sari Silk the other week and Trudie sent me two skeins instead of one, just because she couldn't decide which colourway was best (I'd asked for autumn colours) and she didn't want paying for the extra skein. I thought that was really sweet of her.

I know what you mean about ripping it - I got the original skein in a tangle and it took DH about an hour (and all his patience) to get it wound into a neat ball (with unfortunately a little bit of wastage). Enjoy your new stash!