Sunday, June 26, 2005

Old MacDonald had a.....

Today I went to the farmyard!

Alex, my beautiful 1yr old niece and godchild, was having a trip to the farm today along with her parents Julia and Pete and my Mum and Dad and great aunt Josie. So after sunday lunch at mum's I tagged along too and probably had more fun than Alex did! After all... she's still quite young.
There were goats, pigs, shetland ponies, donkeys, chickens, geese, ducks, guinea pigs, rabbits, chinchillas and... a llama! I fell in love with the llama even though the poor lovie only had one eye :o( There were sheep too but they were shy and stayed in the farest side of the field. Hmmph....but I have loads of pics for you today!


That's Alex on the swing, the baby goats and the calves.

Lotta Llama, Alex's dad (AKA Pete the B.I.L.) and Stallion- a very lusty shetland pony!

Oh and thats my mum feeding the calves!

All these were taken on my mobile- not bad huh!

Well I've paid for my Alpaca now and Linzi from the Alpaca Spinner said she would post it tomorrow for me plus I've had confirmation of dispatch for the latest Amazon order I've placed... All those parcels...I'm so excited!!!

I've got just a couple more photos of latest inspirations... I was fiddling about with a stitch glossary and such and came across something called 'Trellis Stitch'. I made a teeny swatch from odds and ends... and voila an idea formed! Originally the idea is for me to make a bag with this new revamp of an old stitch... but who knows I may adapt it for a cardi!

test swatch

Bag swatch with Rowan Cotton Tape in 'swish' and Linen Print in 'peachy'

I have also bought some more yarn.. yes more!....from Fiona from beatties knit chat. It's lace-weight merino and she has some fabulous colours.. I put up the links on a previous post. Well here is the yarn, I plan to make a scarf for Julia's 40th (big sis) with the lime and blue yarn and maybe something for myself in the teal- I adore teal-y colours (as you may have noticed!)

What a fab Sunday! Shame I have another 5 days before the weekend!

x

4 comments:

Steph said...

Haha, you've definately got the knitting bug Fi! Funny you're playing with the "Peachy" Linen Print - I'm about 1/3rd the way through my half-sleeve bolero cardigan in exactly that yarn!

Steph said...

Fi, would you send me your email address please? It keeps coming up as a no-reply when you comment at my blog, and I'd like to add you on to my Knit Chat email list! Thanks. :-)

Nickerjac said...

Oh dear I feel some yarn shopping coming on looking at that lace weight yarn am off to check out the site x

Anonymous said...

Hello, Fiona, found your blog! Fantastic! I love the pics, see you soon..