Thursday, June 30, 2005

Mine, all mine!

Ok, here as promised is the booty! Luverly Lush, Amazing Amazon, Exciting Ebay and the Almighty Alpaca Spinner.

Well, starting with the best...














This is Joe Brown... isn't he just adorable! I have 800 metres (plus a little extra bit- a lovely gift from Linzi) to make something... now however do I find a pattern for this DK weight alpaca which is worthy?!!! It has to be something special and cherished. I'll have to wait and see... no rushing into a project with this one!

And the next parcel...















Here I have 8 balls of Rowan
Cotton Braid in 'matisse'. It's definately my kinda colour and I loved the 'Cannes' top I made with Cotton Braid from the 'Beach Cool' book.... I may make another, however I love the look of some of the patterns from it's original book 'Cotton Braid Collection'.

Moving swiftly on, this is the 1st of non-knitting items: Lush! Maybe an extravagance but definately what is needed for de-stressing. I reccomend this stuff to everyone- particularly the sensitive and lovers of luxury!














There are a couple of things in the fridge, so I just photographed the easier stuff. I'll let you browse the site rather than describe... I'd be here forever!
In the fridge I have:
'Cosmetic Warrior' and 'Bada Bing Bada Boom'.

In the picture I have:

  • 'Playdoze' and 'Hot Milk' bubble bar slices,
  • 'Floating Island' and 'Ceridwen's Cauldron' luxury bath melt,
  • 'Heavenly Bodies' buttercream,
  • 'Sandstone' soap,
  • 'Sakura' Bath Ballistic,
  • 'Flying Fox' Temple Balm and
  • 'Handy Box' (which was free!!!)
  • I apologise for not linking the items... couldn't get the links to work :(
Lastly are the books I ordered from Amazon.














A friend at work reccomended the Phillip Pullman trilogy "His Dark Materials" which is comprised of 'Northern Lights', 'The Amber Spyglass' and 'The Subtle Knife'. I'm roughly 1/2 way through 'Northern Lights' so I'll let you know... but so far so good!

Also I bought Tom Holt's 'Earth,Air,Fire and Custard'- the 3rd of a sorta trilogy which I've already read the 1st two books. I'm running out of Tom Holt books to read as I've read a vast majority and have to wait for new releases!

At least if these can keep me busy til the 19th July I won't get too anxious waiting for Harry Potter! And yes it's pre-ordered! I never knew what the fuss was all about until last year... oh my had I missed out!

Well the reading will cut into knitting time but I don't mind as long as I prevent starting anything else- I've got a horrendous amount of WIPs again after last months stashing but never the less I'll get around to finishing them....eventually....maybe this month or the next... or event the next!

Oh and here's a bonus piccy of Pussycat... thinking she'd help me type so It's taken an age to get all this down with her so-called 'help'!
x













"Why can't I type mum?"

3 comments:

RoxyK said...

Wow thats impressive amount of goodies you have! Even I'm jealous now........but of course the John Lewis starts tomorrow doesn't it.....

The Matisse in Cotton Braid is lovely. And oh what a pretty Martini it would make ;)

Anonymous said...

I have also had a week of goodies - including my spinning wheel from Linzi which arrived yesterday. Oh my, she is beautiful!!! I spent hours and hours last night staining and assembling here. I'm going for a curry after work tonight and I kinda begrudge it because I want to go home and spin!

I also got a laptop finally (although not from Dell!)

See you tommorow

SB

Anonymous said...

Impressive haul! I loved the Philip Pullman books - so imaginative.