Thursday, June 09, 2005

My First Post

Well I finally succumbed and decided to make my own blog... any tips would be helpful as I really have never done this before!!

Today i received my sample of alpaca yarn from
The Alpaca Spinner. As a special request I may be ordering some dk-sport weight yarn specially spun by Linzi- the lady at The Alpaca Spinner. Since there is only 800 yards of it I shall have to choose my project wisely!

joe brown
Having taken the week off workI think this week has flown by. I can't believe it is Thursday already... if only the week would go so fast while I'm at work! Yesterday I started playing around with a few things from Loop-d-Loop; a book I'm sure you're all familiar with as the fantastic works of Teva Durham. I first saw Teva's website and knew I had to have her book! It's greatly inspiring and I'm toying with the idea of a basketweave pattern in Colinette Giotto- something i have a bit of a thing for! The colourway is one of her mis-dyes from the mill but all of her hand produced colourways are divine.

I used Collinette Skye in 'jay'(but i think 'turqouise' is probably the closest to it on the site) to make a felted bag. It took me a while as i kinda got bored of going round and round but the result was great.

felted bag
Last week i finished a t-shirt from Knitty in Rowan DK Handknit Cotton... I liked the effect though i'm still stretching it a bit :o)

those were my 'revision' pigtails
Well I'm sure i've gone on a bit so i'll leave a few things for my next post. Now... which project shall I work on today?....

4 comments:

Steph said...

Well done Fi; nice blog. :-)

Anonymous said...

Well done what a great site! Thank you for introducing me to loop d loop. They are such cool patterns. Also I wouldn't say that you were a beginner knitter - some take years to reach your standard! Good luck with you blog.

Helen
celticove.com

Anonymous said...

I wouldn't call you a novice either! you are miles better than me and I've been at it for years!

Good for me to have yet another blog to read when I'm supposed to be working

Anonymous said...

Fi: I saw your blog when you first published a week or so ago but wasn't sure how to post the comment ..... Anyhow, it's very good and the links are really useful. Keep up the good work!