Sunday, June 19, 2005

Minty Fresh

Well hello there!

I've decided to take a break (again!) from the basketweave tunic to build up enough courage to pick up the stitches for the sleeves (another pet hate). So... I've picked up another WIP which is from the "Stitch and Bitch" book called 'Peppermint Twist'. Although the pattern is the same, I have chosen different colours and have named it 'Minty Fresh' instead!

All minty and stripy.... could be a toothpaste!

The yarn is Rowan 'cotton glace' (as in pattern) and I've used Rowan 'lurex shimmer' as a substitute for the Phildar lurex yarn.


Back of jumper

Another surprise I have for you is the beaded stitch markers I made. They're a prototype at the moment and I'll be goving them to my knitting friends to test em out and give me some feedback on the design etc. I'm hoping to make them as a sideline like the wraps but nothing big scale (want to keep them one-off if possible.) So whoever didn't get a test on Saturday at Beatties knit chat still have a present from me to come!

Sorry about the picture quality... must get a proper digicam!

So... thats it! I'll try and make some better piccys of the stitch markers and a picture of another little project I have on the go... but that's for next time! Keep em wanting more!! ;oP

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Stitch markers are lovely. I must get some sometime. I do like the minty-stripy jumper, too. It's nice to see your face after reading your posts for so long. :)

littlelixie said...

I've been doing stitch markers too and trying to sell them on ebay with limited success. Would be really interested in how yours go down. They look beautiful!