Wednesday, August 03, 2005

Sparkly things

Hey guys... managed a mid-week post for once!

Well in the project crisis the answer literally landed on my doorstep. My friend Fiona (weird having the same name) sent me some patterns she'd photocopied for me from an old Interweave Knits magazine. I've decided to use some stash to make a shrug, though it's gonna turn out a little bigger than expected but I guess a big shrug becomes a bolero??

Watch this space! I've finished the back section and started a sleeve.















This is a bit of the back. Just boring knitting really... but at least i wont be tearing my hear out with lacy patterns... bit of simplicity does you good sometimes.
















I thought I'd lost the will to knit last night when doing the ruffle part- 229 stitches! Thankfully it reduces back down to 58 otherwise I'd still be knitting it next August!















The yarn I'm using is the 'designer' yarn made from different fibres to create a glitzy beige mix. It's nice, though the lurex isn't as stretchy so I'll probably end up with a length of yarn without lurex at the end of the ball!

Well thats really all I've done for the past 2 days... not bad though eh?

I'm actually going to see an "Alternative Therapist" tomorrow to see if she can help me with my headache marathon. I don't think I can just sit and wait for a 'headache nurse's' opinion in October. I'll go crazy if i don't find anything to help in the meantime. So... wish me luck, I'll let you know how I get on and whether she had to stick pins in me... maybe a swift axe blow would solve the problem ;o

On a happier note, 'Lethal Weapon' is on tonight... I love those films, Mel Gibson just cracks me up! Though I dont reckon I'll get that early night I could do with!

3 comments:

Carolyn said...

Hi Scarletprincess!

Thanks so much for wandering into my blog!

I love the yarns in your stash - such pretty colours. Your mini Clapotis and Jenny are just beautiful!!

Aaargh! Did they really cancel the CSI QT double bill?? I asked my brother to tape it for me (living in caravan sans video at the time). He posted the tape to me but haven't had a chance to play it yet. I'm going to be soooo disappointed if CSI isn't on it :(

Oh, and socks - yes, go for it! They're highly addictive!

Carolyn said...

Hi again!

Oh, I have a horrible feeling the tape my brother did for me won't have CSI on it - must check it out this weekend :(

If not, I guess they'll repeat it eventually...

We plan to have our mohair fleece processed into yarn, and then dyed. I would really like to produce something like Rowan kid silk haze with the kid mohair. It is so lovely and soft I'm sure it will make fabulous yarn.

xC

littlelixie said...

How did the therapist go? That yarn looks very funky. Have been strangely drawn towards a one skein wonder recently so will keenly watch your shrug develop.