Monday, August 29, 2005

silly quizzes make me happy :o)



Thanks Purlpower for the silly quiz! I am elated to think I have similar traits to Albert Einstein! He was crazier than a basketful of frogs and had frizzy hair- we're so alike! On the other hand he only seemed crazy because no-one understood him at the time... so you just wait and see. In a few hundred years I'll be clever and not crazy! Ha Ha Ha!

Ok feel better now :0)

And onto the knitting update....















Ta Da! I've done the armhole shaping and onto the 'last straight'. I'm amazed at how quickly i'm managing to plough on with this. It's categorized as a '2 ball' difficulty and this is the second 2-ball i've done now. Does this mean I'm no longer a beginner and now accomplished?? (though not super-good coz 3-ball patterns look like alien hieroglyphs are needed to decode the pattern to me!)

I thought decreasing would be difficult, but instead of getting hung up on where the slips and knits are I thought- well just look at the knitting- it's easy enough to tell so get on and do it.... and I did! I'm getting a little more confident about stuff I've never before tried now!

I've had a 'hold the knitting against me' moment and think this time I shall definately block the knitting before sewing up. (People gasp at the horror that I don't do this as part of the normal course) However, the way that the slip stitch pattern is done, it tends to squash up a little bit- this makes it feel textured but I think it will look better blocked so as to see the counter-colour better.

So yes you will probably be sick of my posting this week as I have the whole week off! WooHoo!
I'm so exhausted from work and stresses at the moment that these headache marathons are getting longer and more fierce. I find I get dizzy and feel sick as well as slurring my words and dropping lots of things before a headache attack now. Unfortunately i'm still having to get on with it as my appointment isn't til 10th october with some 'headace nurse'. Helpful? No. For the last few days I've had this aches and pains thing where I feel my body has been taken apart and put back together all wrong.

And so i'm going to do as naff all as possible and knit until i can't knit no more! And spin... must practice today as plying commences tonight. Yippee :o)

3 comments:

Carolyn said...

Ooh those headaches sound nasty :(
Poor you!

Love the way Pandora is shaping up - great colours!

littlelixie said...

Been hit by spam again so you can turn on a word verification thing by going to settings > comments. Totally off topic but did you know it is currently Einstein Year (www.einsteinyear.org). Yes, I am a geeky physicist!

PURLPOWER said...

Yeah quizes make you happy when you come out as Einstein or Ghandi but what about us poor sods who end up being Hitler? Eh?

Definitely block the jumper, I speak as a lazy part time blocker who is coming round to the idea that blocking is crucial especially in jumpers.

p.s. Damn those pesky spammers.