Sunday, August 28, 2005

Too hot to sew!

Well folks, some sewing up has commenced.... though it got abandoned from sweaty hand syndrome! I can't believe how warm this cardigan is though it's really light and not at all cumbersome to seam. It'll be ideal once the cold weather kicks in!

Here's some boring seam shots....(sorry!)
This is the front raglan seam... not so bad.















This is the back raglan seam...hmmm not so great.















I can't believe that seaming moss stitch is so difficult! I'm really winging it this time!

And so i've started another (oh dear!) project and this is quite the finest i've knitted so far... 4ply!! Sort of. I say that as the ribbing is done on 3mm needles then the pattern is actually done on 5mm needles. And behold......














Ta Da! I started this yesterday afternoon at knit chat! Her name is
'Pandora' :o)
It is the only pattern I really liked in the new
Rowan 38 so i borrowed the book from a friend at work.

This is the slip-stitch pattern in close-up....














This is the back... actually like it as much as the front so i may actually use it inside out instead... we'll se if it makes me look huge LOL!














The pattern actually uses just 4 ply soft but as I could'nt find a suitable shade to match the 'Victoria' which is sorta auberginey so I decided to use Yorkshire Tweed 4 ply instead. It's a discontinued colour unfortunately but I just love the tennsy bits of red.















And so there it is guys... another WIP but I have to say I just fell in love at first sight with 'Pandora'.

Tomorrow I shall at long last be plying my spun balls and learning what happens after that as well hopefully. Reggie is set for coming over about 7 I think.

Ah well on with the knitting until then... :o)

2 comments:

PURLPOWER said...

I snapped up some of that Yorkshire Tweed before they discontinued it, I love it too. The cardi looks great, especially the back (front) and seaming moss stitch, what an arse that is, I haven't seen any instructions yet for how to do anything other than poke your needle in and hope it manages to attach to something. I think you did a great job considering this. Very much looking forward to seeing how this one looks at the end!

RoxyK said...

Don't give up on the back raglan seam yet! It can be a bit tricky somemtimes but if anything just doesn't look right I try again until it works. And it always does in the end. After all, it looks so lovely and you've spent so much time and effort on it.

Just think of it as good practice :)