Saturday, August 13, 2005

Buttoned Blossom, The Twiglet and Operation Rainwater

Oh what a wonderful Saturday!

Apart from the rain, being match day in Wolverhampton and a corker of a headache it has been an O.K. day.

1) Wore Buttoned Blossom to KnitChat
I did actually take her on a first outing on wednesday on a shopping trip with Rose, but here she is having a rest after socializing this afternoon...














Here is a close up of the wonderful buttons I found for her... i even thought they were beautiful enough for earrings so I bought an extra 2!















2) 1/2-ish way on Twiglet a.k.a 'Barra' from Classic Winter.


I wont bore you with moss stitch, I'll post up pictures when Twiglet is finished. Basically I finished the back last Sunday and have, in the meantime, being juggling it with other projects. So this week I have so far completed the left front and I'm approx 1/3-1/2 way up a sleeve.

The Plan is to sew up those seams before doing the right front and sleeve to minimise sewing up overload. Hypothetically anyway.

3) Laughed hysterically at 'Operation Rainwater'!


While at knit chat today there was an alarming announcement over the tannoy thingy for the staff to come up the the Bistro in Beatties where we have KnitChat. The announcement roughly sounded like (because i have poor recall from laughing so much!) "Could blah blah staff please blah blah 'Operation Rainwater' blah blah in the Bistro on the 2nd floor..."

The mere fact there was a name for putting buckets on the floor had an operation name was bad enough, but when said staff turned up with walkie talkies etc we just couldn't help but howl hysterically!

And as evidence.... The Operation Leader- Mrs Huckfield... I have inside intelligence who has named the 'important person with the Walkie Talkie'!















'Operation Rainwater' in action!















And here's (most) of the KnitChat group...













This is Sarah Beth and Adrienne's elbow. (Adrienne is fairly new to the group as she's just moved back to wolverhampton, and is lovely, and Sarah is just Fab! Hope I'll be able to spin as good as she does!)















Extreme left- Josie (wonderful hair!!), Rose (adopted Den Mother, dear friend and Rowan Consultant at Beatties), Jen (lovely commuter from Bridgnorth) and Reggie (fairly new but very nice lady who will me teaching me to spin-YAY)
















And of course... on the far right is Steph (wearing her fab presto top and established blogger!)

Hmmm... yes I did manage to squeeze in there that Reggie is coming to my house tomorrow to teach me to spin (hopefully!!). She's bringing different drop spindles and such and I'm hoping I will be a good student for her! She's coming round early so I'll have to be up and caffeinated!

I'm sooo excited!

6 comments:

Steph said...

Wow, that was a quick turnaround on the pics! Well done on such a rapid post. :-) Told DH about Operation Rainwater; it was sooo funny. ;-) Looking forward to seeing your spinning.

Daisy said...

Am very jealous of your large knitting group. I was the only one who turned up at mine yesterday! I'm blaming the rain...

Love the buttons!

Anonymous said...

Oh dear, I look like I have clip on lego hair in that pic. I'd somehow totally forgotten operation rainwater - thanks for the reminder

Nickerjac said...

Hoep you had a fantastic time learning to spin once you've learnt there are no limits

RoxyK said...

KnitChat sounds like loads of fun. Lucky you! And another knitter being bitten by the spinning bug! Must be very contagious. There's a lot of it going around it seems....

KnitYoga said...

Operation Rainwater sounds like it would have made a great script for "Are You Being Served?". :-)
Glad to hear about your spinning and that it's going well. I've got the bug, too!