Sunday, July 31, 2005

How lazy have I been!

Well... very! On the knitting front that is!

I've read Harry Potter this week and started the 3rd book in the "His Dark Materials" trilogy called 'The Amber Spyglass' by Philip Pullman. On the subject of HP... HOW COULD SHE! Those who have read will know what I mean!

Knitting wise i really haven't done a great deal though today I finished Jenny. Yes she's all knitted and sewn... though she's still a naked lady as she's got no buttons :o( I'll make a decent lady of her though! I took her to mother's for Sunday Lunch and made her neat and pretty. Just have to accessorize.
















Now... something new? I don't know. Those who know me must be in horror of me not having anything else lined up! I just don't seem to have any inspiration going on. Everything lacy and pretty just wont work. I need something simple, possibly using stash, which is simple, effective and hold the attention. What a task!

In my stash I have:
1 skein of HipKnits Silk
3 Skeins of sari silk (Cerise multi)
6 balls of Calmer in 'zeal' (Yum!)
8 (and a bit) hanks of 'Joe Brown' Alpaca dk
8 balls of Cotton braid in 'matisse'
10 balls of brown Cotton Tape (needs frogging and re-knitting)
5 large balls of beige mohair/sparkly stuff (roughly aran/dk)
9 and 1/3 balls of Jaeger Aqua in navy
roughly 4 skeins of lilac Summer Tweed
Tons of pinky-mauve mohair....
plus *lots* odd balls in calmer/green tweedy stuff/other bits and pieces.

On the other hand I could finish the 'Peppermint Twist' out of Stitch and Bitch... though someone has hidden a 3.25mm needle so I only have one. Just perfect.

Those worried I wasn't at KnitChat yesterday- don't worry I was ill but self inflicted and feeling better today. Though I still have that aversion to alcohol and anything with pungent fragrance!

So any suggestions would be handy, whether it be project suggestions or just ways of refuelling the inspiration! I shall get on top of reading blogs again now... my computer is still p*****g me off because its still playing up and I have no 'favourite' urls (or whatever they're called) and I'm having to use rediculous MSN explorer... hmph. Hence the lack of computer use this week!
Will try harder!

4 comments:

Steph said...

Jenny's looking great! We missed you yesterday - hope you're feeling better. See you soon.

littlelixie said...

I ran out of inspiration a while back and it drove me nuts. I ended up knitting a few squares from left over balls of yarn as one day I *will* sew all my swatches into a crazy afghan! Let inspiration strike again naturally.

Daisy said...

Jenny looks fab! And I agree about Harry Potter - I was really looking forward to reading it but it really upset me!
In terms of projects - I generally have a charity baby jumper lurking in the background for when I'm thinking what else to knit.

RoxyK said...

Jenny is looking lovely. Can't wait to see it with buttons on.

Calmer and Cotton Braid are both lovely to work with. How about something in one of those?