Thursday, August 10, 2006

Now I only went to look right....

However, I added to our family yesterday, and not by having the baby. Dammit.

We now have 2 little male guinea pigs called...*drumroll*.... Pedro and Yoshi.

This is Pedro... he's a little scruffier and more cheeky.
















This is Yoshi, a bit more skittish and quiet.
















Although the pigs were initially mine, we decided to name one each and so I named pedro... kinda looks like a spanish imigrant that smiles a lot... and DB named Yoshi for his panic dash (if you haven't played SuperMario World then I'm sorry but it's a little dinosaur who eats things by shooting his tongue out but goes off in a crazy panic when spooked. Very cute.)

I love this pic of me and Pedro:
















He is tiny compared to my huge bump!! These pics are good coz DB took them with a proper digital camera as opposed to me using my phone. They were took when I brought them home, so they're a bit dumbstruck on these but after settling we gave them some big fuss last night and they really became friendly (though Yoshi peed on me... could be a compliment?)

I also bought DB some fish for the tank. Sharky and catfish were a little lonely in the big tank so I bought another silver shark, a redfin shark and a pair (man and wife) of swordtails. Unfortunately the second shark didn't make it and DB had some euthanasia to perform as he really didn't take the journey well and wasn't going to make it.

So really I didn't get much done yesterday. I have done some more on the 2nd Jaywalker.. I'm halfway through the heel flap so I hope to have them almost finished today :o) That of course does mean sacrificing some housework, but thats ok right?

6 comments:

Nickerjac said...

They are so cute, I want one x

Anonymous said...

you should take some more shots of the Lump, especially as it still has growth potential, and then, in a couple of years time, you can look with amazement at how big you grew!

PURLPOWER said...

Do you have any pics of the cardi you knit with cotton tape? I would love to see how it worked out.

Anonymous said...

Those pictures are TOO CUTE.

I also had to tell you, I am in LOVE with the name of your website!!

Steph said...

Housework vs knitting? There's no competition!

RoxyK said...

Oh too cute! I thought you meant you were looking at yarn.....so the guinea pigs were quite a surprise ;)

I know all about that 'only looking' business. As does poor DH.....