Friday, August 25, 2006

I have finished objects!!!

and no pictures :( sorry. I cannot blame blogger today- it's coz we're still decorating the living room and actual access to the computer is tricky never mind fussing with the camera cables etc.

I WILL post pictures though. I have finished:

*Jaywalker socks in HipKnits 'Bouquet' Sock yarn. (finished 24/08/06)

*Ponchette using Araucania's Atacama hand dyed 100% Alpaca. (finished 23/08/06)

I'm soooo pleased with both my FOs. The ponchette has turned out wonderfully- even DB likes it! He's not quite so fussed about the socks, but he's a colour-led person and I think the neony pink and green effect probably doesn't grasp him like it does me!

So whats on the needles? Well I still have the cabled jumper on hold... I don't quite have the concentration skill atm for chart and I've decided I want to enlarge and separate the charts as they have different numbers of pattern repeats in them.

I have Antoinette, the Cotton Rope Cardigan from the summer Rowan magazine. She is actually almost finished. I'd sneakily done some work on her without telling you! Her sleeves are both completed now and all I have left to do is finish the main collar. Except it's like 130 st and 22 rows of cable rib on straight needles- hence very heavy and makes my arms ache. I think I'll get that completed when the bump is gone as I'll actually be able to knit in my lap again and it wont be such a drama. Nowadays I'm knitting sorta sideways. :oS

I have Bryony's cardigan to finish sewing up and 1/2 of the collar to do. This is Callum from Rowan Junior in Magnum Chunky. It also needs a zip and I reckon that'll be a job for Mom to do!!!

I have lots of UFOs, I admit. Theyr'e in the stash draws and someday I'll get around to them!

Did anyone see the felted bag in this months Simply Knitting? It's done in Chunky Print. I managed to get some on sale from Yarnsmith in the Deep End colourway (grey/turquoise/blue/cream) and I've finished the front and nearly the back already. I only cast it on yesterday morning- it's a great quick knit and it is actually looking to be a substantial size. I'm not looking forward to sewing it up, I've only done felted bags in the round before. It's for my sister Kaye's birthday, I think she'll like it.

I'm going to frog the leaf lace socks as I've cast them on the smaller 2.25mm brittanys which I bought a few weeks ago. I think with my feet slightly bigger atm that they'll be too small. I will re-start them on the addi 2.5's I think. I'm itching to start something in my Lorna's Laces, so I think I'm going to look for a pattern today and cast them on for hospital sock knitting. I really don't envisage me getting any done, but the leaf lace socks are definately too intricate to take in with me!!!

What do you think to these? They look nice without being lacy and though their colour doesn't strike me in that picture I reckon they could look nice in Desert Garden LL.

Right... I'll read some more blogs and fish around for a pattern... and do some knitting until the decorating recommences for today.

1 comment:

Alice said...

i think those tropicana socks are nice. sort of like a less-pointy jaywalker. certainly worth a try I'd say