Sunday, August 20, 2006

Aargh still no pictures

I did intend to update with some pictures, except Blogger is still being a pain in the a*&%.

Thankyou to Tutmut and Knitonlybutalso for the lovely comments. I'm doing o.k. I feel a little fed up now I have little more than a week to the due date (and I know it will be probably be longer than that before it pops) :o(

I've been painting in the living room since about 5:30am this morning.... so about an hour and a half. The living room is still in the early stages of decoration and it's driving me mental that I can't do it myself. I've only put the first coat of gloss on the window frame and ledge- so nothing too strenuous, though I'm going to put my feet up with some cocoa and a film and the knitting now. Funny how you just HAVE to get up and do somehing no matter how stupid it seems to someone else.

The ponchette is 2/3 done, I have only 10 repeats which is 100 rows before it is finished. It sounds a lot, but I've managed 200 rows since Tuesday.... which is unheard of for me and something which is so straightforward. For something so simple, it hasn't bored me at all and it's been such a joy to use this alpaca hand dyed from Araucania. The page on HipKnits has disappeared so maybe I was unbelievably lucky to get it before it was discontinued altogether!!!!
I reckon I'll have over half of what I got left for something else too so I got 2 projects for the price of 1 as well!!!

The sock knitting has taken a bit of a back seat I'm afraid. I was so close to completing the pair of Jaywalkres without getting SSS, but it's not too bad- only the foot left to do as I've done all the heel shaping and instep. I reckon if I get to finish the ponchette, the sock will go with me in my hospital bag when the time comes. Am I being naiive to think I'll get any time to knit during my stay in hospital??!!

Well I'll not drivel on any more, I'll try and update the pictures again later.

x

3 comments:

Daisy said...

Oh know, I can't believer Blogger is still playing silly-moo-heads. I tried uploading photos one at a time in the end, which seemed to work. Other people seem to have been using Flickr or Photobucket?
Good luck for the next few weeks. My SIL only got about 4 rounds of her sock done when she took it with her for the birth of her second!

RoxyK said...

Well done on the HipKnits bargain!

I think I must have stolen all the bandwith from Blogger, as I've had no problems at all ;)

Definitely take the sock with you just in case. I get like that with socks, almost finish the 2nd sock and then get on a go-slow. Strange that.

RooKnits said...

Thanks for the comment on my blog. Good to know there are fellow knitters in the area! I hope we get to meet one day too... although I fear you may have your hand full quite soon! Love the Jaywalkers btw...