Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Is it Christmas?

No not quite, but the parcel I had today was still pretty good!

With a nose for a bargain, I couldn't resist a Buy One Get One Free Offer. Hand dyed alpaca from HipKnits of all places! Well I ordered four purple (to get 8) and thought even if it isn't fantastic quality it's still a good buy right?

Well I was delighted when this came in the post this morning and is not only really really good quality but pretty and unbelievably soft. Mmmmm. I sat and fondled it for a while, and couldn't just leave it alone. It's like giving a chocoholic a Mars bar and telling them to wait until after dinner.

(ok I've just tried to get the images onto blogger and it wont let me so I'm annoyed now that I can't show off my new stash enhancement)

Where was I... oh the lovely alpaca had to be cast on for a project. I couldn't just leave it, so I cast on for this. I know it's a poncho-like affair, but I saw it on Insaknitty's blog and even though it's by an american/cnandian company, I emailed the company and asked if I could purchase the pattern but get a downloadable .pdf file. They were really helpful and I got it in no time at all and didn't have to muck about with postage from america etc etc.

I was also going to show you my new haircut and a picture of the guinea pigs resting on my ever growing bump. Damn blogger and it's image upload problems. I'll try again later. So for now you'll just have to imagine cuteness and a new bob.

O.K. I'm going to find some food and motivate my DB who's dutifully decorating the living room before the baby appears. Let's face it, in my condition I can't do much more than motivate (basically make tea and keep the good comments and snacks going).

I'll update with the pictures soon hopefully. Ta ta for now!

3 comments:

insaknitty said...

yay! you started the ponchette! :) I can't wait to see yours all finished! heehee. also, I totally understand about those days when blogger is being uncooperative... :( I hope it starts behaving properly soon. at least you have new yarn to play with. ;)

TutleyMutley said...

Hi Scarlet Princess! Thanks for dropping by my blog t'other day: I've been lazy and not blogged a lot of late. weee - you're due in just ove a week - remembering that any time up to 42 weeks is normal! -and only 2% arrive on the day :-( I won't be one of those types who keeps asking if the baby is here yet - but I'll keep checking back and wish you lots of happy birthing thoughts (you know: quick painless etc!)
I HATE blogger when it won't upload pics. WHY DOES it DO that?
grr.

Juliet said...

Hello F
Thanks for the kind comments on my blog - I've been really absorbed in the new job which is working out really well but means getting a bus at 6.30 and getting home just after 8. I feel really strongly about health libraries and how librarians should reflect local need and not just sit like dumplings on a great big pile of books no one wants. Anyway more importantly - how are you and the bump? Thinking about you and wishing you loads of luck. Bye for now, will keep checking to see you are all o.k.