Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Something new (and not the baby)

Hey folks!

Just a note before I carry on... no baby not here :o(

However, I've been knitting on a new project which I literally cast on after seeing the pattern yesterday on Ravelry.

Here is the 1st of the Green Thumb mitts (details on my ravelry projects page)




















looks kinda squashed when not on



















stretched out on my hand but still very roomy



















leaf detail on the thumb gusset

The pics aren't great I know as they have been done by my phone. I had to email them from my phone to my hotmail before saving and editing them on the computer. That said, it only took a matter of minutes. Who needs camera cables?! ( me obviously)

I'm really pleased with how the first one has turned out. I have been knitting avidly throughout the day- a couple of hours here and there while Seth has been playing or napping and voila! A finished mitten in less than 12 hours. For those who are extremely prolific knitters, I know this is no biggie, but I'm not much of a sock/mitten knitter so for me to achieve this on dpns is quite a feat for me.

I couldn't find my 3.25mm dpns that the pattern calls for which is a shame as I reckon that would have made them a perfect fit. I cast on with 2.75mm but after a few rows I could tell they were way too small so I had to go with 3.5mm clover bamboo dpns. They knit up a dream and I reckon anyone with average hands would find them perfect. I've got quite small hands and wrists so they're a little roomy but that said they aren't too big so I'm going to keep them! I thought that if they came up way too big I'd gift them out but I'm smitten with my mittens!

Apart from that, not a lot else has happened today. I've been particularly lazy other than having a bath so can't really complain. I've got to go to ante-natal at the docs tomo for the average blood pressure/wee/blah blah check so I've got to be up and motivated tomorrow. Not easy when walking is excruciating but I'm sure I'll be able to get dad to come fetch me and Seth. Of course, thats if I don't miraculously give birth between then and now!

x

1 comment:

RooKnits said...

Lovely mitts! Hope everything goes ok tomorrow.