Thursday, May 14, 2009

Back in the land of the internet

Hi guys!

I've been offline for sooo long but now I have me laptop working again and thought I'd better just grace yourselves with a really quick update.

So far I'm now on maternity leave after having 8 weeks sick leave due to a number of pregancy complications. Thankfully the baby is doing fine and I have a week exactly to the due date. I'm praying every five minutes that I'll go into labour! At 26 weeks I was told I had Symphis Pubis Dystonia, or SPD for short, which basically means that the ligaments that hold the pubic bone into place are weakened and pressure on the pubic bone basically gives you the most excruciating pain. The 'treatment' for this is not to walk or stand for long periods of time and also long periods of sitting can make it worse too. Ergo..... I had to have 8 weeks as sick leave, a couple weeks of annual leave and started my maternity leave at 36 weeks. So far I've also managed to put my back out so I can't walk very far without a walking stick at the moment :o(

The good news though at the 36 week scan was that the placenta wasn't low lying anymore and I didn't have to be booked in for a planned c-section. However, they did say that the baby was already about 6.5 lbs....EEEK! No wonder I'm absolutely huge and have so much pain. With the baby putting on roughly a pound a week I could have a huge baby that has to come out naturally!

That's pretty much it.... on the knitting front I've made a few baby cardis, finished off an old project or two and I'm currently 2/3 way through a baby blanket. I'm making a mitred square blanket that's a Debbie Bliss pattern. I've used Rooster Almerino Aran which is lovely and soft though not machine washable. I'll get around to pictures and stuff when I've found my camera leads and such again!

I've had a quick scan through the odd blog or two and hope to catch up on what everyone is doing over the next few weeks.... baby and Seth permitting! I'm also thinking of joining the latest UKSwap too which might me a bit optimistic since I'll have a newborn soon, but I think it will give me something other that babies and washing to think about which is vital when I have a very limited choice of people to talk to right now! I don't miss work for the work itself, but it's horrible not knowing the gossip and having adult conversation that goes further than what's for tea or what episode of Thomas the Tank Engine Seth wants to watch!


Hope to update soon
love Fi xxx

5 comments:

RooKnits said...

Fingers crossed for the next couple of weeks - if you need adult company please give me a shout :o) I'm more than happy to drive over and say hello!

Dawn said...

I'd forgotten you were pregnant (but you hadn't lol!) How horrible for you at the moment, though hopefully you'll be holding a new baby in the next week! Good luck!

Thrissle said...

Look after yourself.... if you're needing company get in touch.. I'll be thinking about you next week..

Helen said...

Oh honey. I have SPDs with my pregnancy too- sod no treatment, get yourself a maternity support belt and keep your knees together at all times. Honestly, honestly, the belt helps.

It'll all be over soon, honest.

Daisy said...

Just catching up with blog reading. SO excited to read about your pregnancy and so sorry it's been tough going.