Sunday, May 17, 2009

fingers crossed please

Hi guys!

Thought I'd say hi again while I have the chance and a huge thanks to those who said hi and left such supportive comments.

I've been inseparable from my laptop for hours at a time at night now it's fixed and getting to grips with whos going what etc. Also... thanks to DB I may add.... I've been stupidly addicted to a game he showed me. I should put my fingers in my ears and screw up my eyes when he does that, coz I know I'll end up playing silly games and wonder where 4 hours went ;o). To those who have ever heard of "Puzzle Quest" maybe they'll understand?

On the knitting front.... er well the afore mentioned game has thwarted progress a bit but I'm finishing up on block 9 of 12 of the Debbie Bliss mitred square blanket. The first 8 are sewn into place too which I'm proud of btw. I thought that if I left all the sewing until last then there would be no way I'd finish it as those who know me know I hate the sewing up. Strangely enough though it was nice and refreshing to have a balance of knitting and sewing up and have done it in strips of 4 together then joined 2 strips together in one go.

As part of getting ready for the baby, DB and I have had to do some major spring cleaning. To make room for the huge cot bed in our room, now that Seth has a big bed, we had to sort out wardrobes and drawers and all sorts of things. Now the fact that most of my wool storage is actually my wardrobe as well as alongside the wardrobes meant he actually saw the extent of the hoardage. Oh Dear! I was very ruthless though and chucked a lot of stuff out. I also found about 30 pairs of knitting needles that had been used for a project and not returned to the needle rolls so I have far far more needles that I imagined since I usually just buy another pair of I can't find what I'm looking for. I must have at least 10 pairs of 4mm needles I'm sure!

Well..... the baby is obviously still cooking and showing no signs of entering the outside world so of course I'm still fed up and grumpy. However, I guess it's better than being too early and then being sick though my hips, ribs and back have a hard time seeing it that way!

I'll be back with news soon hopefully. It'd better be soon.....

xxx

No comments: