Friday, January 04, 2008

Warm welcome

Hi folks! Firstly I'd like to say a big thanks to the people who welcomed me back to the land of blogs and it actually means a lot to me!

Secondly- I've been making some progress on Dahlia. I'm almost at the point where I can join and work in the round. I have 3 rows and then I have to slip sleeve stitches onto waste yarn and cast on extra stitches for the front neckline.




















The lighting is a bit yellowy because of being inside and 'energy-efficient' light bulbs. As you can see, my 5mm circular is a bit shorter that called for but it was the only one I had. I just hope that the 5.5mm I need for the 'skirt' of the jumper isn't too long- impossible to work in the round otherwise.

On a different topic altogether....
Seth and I stayed home today as I hurt my back a bit yesterday at work and Seth is cutting a second molar. I hate it when he's teething. Bad back- I can cope... Bad back and no sleep whatsoever- no way could I have lasted the day at work. At the moment it seems they're using "tough love" to get me super-independant. Basically I have to get on with being busy and stressed and have no help at hand or so it seems. Thursday afternoon the diluent kept running out on the analysers I was working on as it was so busy and the diluent boxes are 26kg each! I wouldn't ususally lift these boxes as I have light duties due to my back problems but being in my own..... hence being super sore today!

And so... Seth and I had a sometimes lovely/sometimes horrid day but these pics were taken when he was a bit more manageable:





























These are as it says on the tin- Seth playing with his crayons and colouring book. He'd already played for ages with his non-toxic felt tips and made lovely pictures I'm sending to my mum and sis for get well 'presents'.

















And a little later here he is looking at his Thomas the Tank Engine book with the sounds at the side. He really loves painting and drawing and really likes books at the moment. I think it's great that he's creative. I wasn't brave enough to give him free range with paints at home though!

I'm watching friends reruns for now and may watch 'Die Another Day' for a Pierce Brosnan fix at 9, so will get some knitting done hopefully. Will have to check on Seth again first though, he's so wriggly that I have to keep putting his covers over him!

I bid you farewell til my next post x

2 comments:

RooKnits said...

That is some good progress on Dahlia. Love the colouring in. Hope your back gets better soon

Unknown said...

My word, that lad is certainly growing up! Don't worry, the toddler stage doesn't last for ever.