Saturday, January 26, 2008

UK Swap Question 2

Q: Do you subscribe to any magazines (knitting or otherwise)? Or do you prefer to purchase magazines at the newstand? Do you subscribe online to any knitting magazines/newsletters? What does a knitting magazine need to have to catch your fancy and get you to fork out that well-earned cash?

A: I used to subscribe to Vogue knitting and Simply Knitting magazines, but have since ended the subscriptions. Vogue was a little unreliable since it had to be mailed from the US.... might start up the Simply Kntting one again. I also buy when I can Interweave Knits and a few other less known ones like Knit1, Lets Knit (new-ish) and other ones that have a unique or quirky patterns for the young or individual knitter that doesn't want the same v-neck cardi in 15 subtle variations of the same style! I may not necessarily make the patterns- a lot use US yarns- but the idea often sparks my knitting enthusiasm or creative processes.


1 comment:

Ang said...

I like the Knit1 magazine too, for it's different designs, but it's hard to get hold of, I can't even get simply knitting and Let's Knit here unless I subscribe! *sighs*