Thursday, January 10, 2008

Blasted lurgy

Hey guys

No pics in today's post but I promise to post some soon. I'm doing quite well with Dahlia now. I'm about 2 inches into the cabled 'skirt'. I've been taking it to work with me so I can get 1 or two rows done at breaktime/lunchtime. With over 200 titches to a round it really takes a while to cable every other knitted rib and also with 2 rows plain rib between the alternate cables. I know that wasn't the best description of the pattern lol but I have lurgy. Lurgy is a non-specific feelign of general crap-ness. I don't have a cold, but ache all over and have a disgusting coldsore which makes me feel all dirty and skanky. My face now itches all over and the pain in the nerves is giving me combined earache/toothache. And my back is non too good either. Poor me. I know there are tons of people far far worse off so I'll stop complaining now!

I'm also thinking of a generous de-stash. This is jumping on the bandwagon of Ruth and Dawn I know, but it saves the hassle of listing on ebay (who buys in January anyway!) and also feels nice to give to a good cause- knitter's stash!

And so I need to find a topic on which to ask a question for my January Giveaway Competition...

I'm offering up green/teal laceweight merino or my very own handspun (!) one sportweight or thick and thin undyed blue faced leicester or a 100m ball of silk in pinks and purples.

The competition: A funky feminine pattern (or own idea if one wishes) for a shrug/wrap type affair in chunky yarn. I have roughly 480m of chunky (8mm) yarn in black/grey marl that I would like to use for a functional yet funky piece that is perfect for keeping off the chill whilst knitting/blogging.

Vital stats: for the purpose of the excercise I guess I ought to divulge I am a size 14/36 inch chest.

Deadline: Monday 21st January. The most appropriate design for me will be rewarded and the choice of prize is up to you. I shall also consider giving out to more than one blogger if there are two ideas equally as good.

I do have a significant amount of stash I would like to re-home and will post up a list once I have had a good rummage as to what I should get rid of. Also, I have some hand-spinning equipment to re-home if anyone is interested- all I'd like for it is postage paid or maybe a stash swap.

Must go to bed now if I am to have any chance of having a remotely good day at work tomorrow! Good night all!
x

2 comments:

RooKnits said...

Sorry to hear you are feeling rubbish.. hope it goes away soon. You need to get yourself on Ravelry! Did someone mention this at the Knit and Natter, I can't remember. Anyway, sign up www.ravelry.com, if you haven't already and you can browse patterns by yarn weight and garment to find the perfect thing for you. I have all my projects on there to help me keep track of things (and all my yarn too - eek) Will have a look for suitable projects over the weekend - I too have to go to bed now!

RooKnits said...

ooops... I didn't go to bed after all. How about the cloud bolero from Ysolda - http://ysolda.com/wordpress/patterns/ it is a free pattern on the Yarn Forward website but seems to have lost it's pictures....