Wednesday, January 23, 2008

UK Swap Questionnaire

Part One: Crafting

Do you knit, crochet, or both?
I knit mostly but have started to learn crochet.

What do you like to make? Do you have a favourite project?
I do love making felted bags and cardigans mostly, though I make a lot of gift scarves too!

Do you have a favourite type of fiber or brand of yarn?
Even though I love pure wool, it makes me itch so I like wool/other fibre blends that are soft and squishy. I love wool/silk combinations because of the lustre.

Do you have a least favourite type of yarn?
The crinkly cheap acrylic as it squeaks when you knit with it!

Do you do any other crafts?
I've tried many things from jewellery making and general sewing, but I spin occasionally too but with a drop spindle.

What knitting do you bring ‘on the go’?
Mostly smaller projects like handwarmers or a scarf. I find I get SSS so try not to start socks!

What do you carry your ‘on the go’ knitting in? Do you want something new?
I usually shove it in my work bag, but end up losing my dpns! I may try those dpn holders to avoid skewering myself on them as well!

Are there any knitting gifts (book, toy, yarn, item, tool) that you have been lusting over?
I'd really love to get a kit of knit picks options so that I don't keep having to buy more and more circular needles! There are so many yarns I'd love to try eventually like malabragio or sea silk etc that I haven't gotten around to trying yet.

Part Two: Your Favourites

What is your favourite colour? What is your least favourite colour?
I love aubergine/dark purple and teal/petrol blue/turquoise combinations. I like a lot of colours really.

What scents/smells do you like? What don’t you like?
I like fresh, zingy scents with a hint of flowers.

How do you like to pamper yourself? (bubble bath, hand creams, massage, manicure)
I love and adore lush products like the aqua mirabilis bars which scrub the bad days at work away!! Also, I'm always in need of a good hand cream to soothe my hands which crack and get sore from the harsh chemicals I use at work.

What goodies to you like to treat your tummy with? (chocolate, biscuits, truffles, etc.)
Ooh... I like dark chocolate, pralines/truffles.... but dislike white chocolate altogether.

Do you prefer tea or coffee while you knit? Any particular kind? Favourite mug/cup?
I drink tea mostly at home ('normal' tea) but when out and about I love coffee like caramel machiato's from Starbucks!!

Do you listen to/watch anything while you knit? (TVshow-Along, movies, music, podcasts)
I love listening to music like fall out boy, avenged sevenfold, lost prophets... mostly emo/rock. I love TV shows like scrubs, heroes, CSI and blood ties and mostly knit watching the tv or whatever is on my laptop.

Part Three: Living & Past-times

Where do you live in the UK? (General idea not address)
I live in Wednesbury which is in the West Midlands.

Have you always lived here, or did you grow up somewhere else?
I grew up in wednesbury, moved a little further to wolverhampton and then came back to wednesbury again.

If you could visit anywhere in I'd world, where would you go?
I would love to go to Prague to see all the lovely architectural buildings. I don't really crave the sunshine, but to see places of interest.

If you couldn’t go to a knitting group, what other kind of gathering would you go to? (book club, tea party, yoga class, jewelery class, etc.)
I'd probably try another type of craft like spinning, jewellery making etc. I like to have an outlet for my creativity in contrast to my scientific mind I use at work.

What’s your style? (elegant, traditional, glamourous, girly, natural, sporty, outgoing, etc.)
I guess I'm a bit of a jumble- I love the rock/emo style, but have a vintage girly side to me that likes to appear lady like without being old fashioned or frumpy. I'm not a flowery person yet I still like delicate colours. I'm not at all glamorous and don't wear hardly any jewellery or rediculously high or uncomfortable shoes!!


Final Part:

Any allergies/preferences (fiber-wise or treat-wise)?
Well, pure wool yarns do tend to make me itch, and treat-wise I am allergic to kiwi so tropically flavoured things are a bit of a no-no!

Anything we missed that you’d like your partner to know?
I rarely use laceweight or 4-ply, mostly dk/aran/chunky yarns as I can be an impatient knitter!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You drive me bonkers with this... it seems impossible to fill one checkbox without going against another. Like you enjoy sea silk but find knitting with thinner yarns tedious arrrghhhhhh Well, I am on a mission I am going to win you over to using :insert static here:. Or maybe I just catch a sheep and send you a sheep, that should keep you and your drop spindle busy enough...

Your SP (poking around for a concept)