Friday, June 09, 2006

Hot damn

Hi folks!

Wow is it hot!! I'm struggling in the heat with this huge bump and being overtired and generally run down this week has meant I haven't been to work. I shall go back Monday if only for the laboratory air conditioning me thinks!

I had my mammoth ante-natal appointment today and good news all around:
* I wont be needing heparin throughout the rest of the pregnancy since they've decided my clotting results are o.k. for now,
* It doesn't seem that I have gestational diabetes from the initial results of my blood test today (though I'll have to see what the other results were like). The Glucose Tolerance Test I had was awful; a BIG SORRY to all the ladies I had gone through this horrific test with when I used to peform them in my previous job. I really feel for you!
* I had my first prophylactic anti-D shot as well... this prevents a disease where you make antibodies to your baby's red blood cells and can be serious.
Hurrah!
* And finally it has been confirmed once more I'm having a baby giraffe since I'm only 28 weeks and the baby is already 28cm... which is no surprise since my DB is 6ft7in and was 2 feet long when he was born. I hope we dont get one quite so long!

Well the move went well. DB has done so well with making a start. Not all of our (my) boxes have been unpacked but the garden has been tamed and he made a start on the baby's room :o)

When I get around to it I'll post some pictures up. I started a baby cardigan wednesday and have a front to finish and another sleeve to do. It's fairly easy lace panel in the fronts and sleeves, but I reckon it'll be knitting the front bands that will get on my nerves if anything!

Apart from that I made a small, chunky blanket but the pattern I used gave it a biased direction and I'm not impressed. I dont think it's going to survive as a usable item being rhombus shaped instead of rectangular. Hmm. I still have the remainder of the balls which will be enough I think to make another in a better pattern. I just find this heat is making me reluctant to knit. Well reluctant to anything actually!

I'll update soon, thanks to everyone who sent their wishes and reassurances!
xxx

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Although the warmer weather is welcome, it's very tiring isn't it? Hope you'll soon be feeling better and glad to hear all the tests went well. At least it hasn't completely stopped you knitting. I must admit I don't do so much in the summer, can't knit with hot, sticky hands.

Anonymous said...

You're nearly on the home stretch now, hope you can manage with the hot weather! Maybe stick with small baby items, or baby socks, or a lace blanket? A very exciting time for you!

RoxyK said...

Glad to hear your tests were all ok. Shame about the rhombus baby blanket - maybe some serious blocking might help fix it. At least you have enough enough to make another ;)