Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Little triumphs

Today I'm fortunate to have the day off- Hurrah! So, i thought to myself, why don't we have a go at getting blogger to play nice?

Ta da!.... the picture that has been waiting for about 3 weeks to get up onto your screens:













I realise it's no masterpiece but I really like it all the same. I just have to find some unisex buttons to match now. The yarn is by Jarol I think- run of the mill variegated acrylic in lemon/blue/mint mix. I still have over half the ball left (it was a 200g ball) and I'm not quite sure what to make with the rest. There isn't a bootee, hat or mitten to match and I like the v-neck option better than round neck.

Today I finished the baby bootees I've been knitting. I started them sunday in Sirdar Country Style 4ply in white. For acrylic this is really soft. The pattern of the bootees match a cardigan pattern I adapted a while ago in another yarn. I like the little cables on them:













This is the size 3-6 months. I have a feeling these wont be far off the size of the fee of the baby when it's born! I think I'll make a pair in the 6-12mth as well in another colour.

These are from a booklet called "Newborn Collection" by Patons. This has some really lovely patterns in it but mostly they are for either a boy or girl- apart from the cardigan I have already done from this book I don't think any of the others are really unisex enough. I'll definately use this book after the baby is born though.

I'm still on the search for worthy patterns! It looks as if I'll have to go on the lookout. Thankyou to those who posted suggestions! Unfortunately I'm not all that keen on the EZ surprise even though I found a pattern free which is very similar and I think the only Lucinda guy pattern books I found started from 2yrs :o( I'm just awkward!

Well I don't have much else to report. I have ante-natal at the docs again tomorrow morning- same old blood pressure check, heartbeat monitoring a more measuring to say it's long legged like it's dad! Afterwards though I'm going out with my mum and dad to get some plants for my garden.

Hopefully the decorating in the nursery will be finished today- just have the border to put up so i'll post some piccys when thats done.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Fiona,
Any chance of you getting into Beatties in the near future? If so, I'll bring a selection of baby patterns for you to look through, some up to date others pretty historic! Mind you, the designs don't change much, I think Patons recycle theirs. What yarn do you prefer? DK, 4 or 3 ply ?

Anonymous said...

Hi Fiona

Here's another link for baby patterns
http://www.knittingpatterncentral.com/directory/baby_clothing.php

I wouldn't worry too much about the clothing - boy or girl, I'm not! (not for me!) I'm going for neutrals colours. Babies look quite nice in the cream stuff when they're first born. Maybe think of accesorising with coloured ribbon which is a quick addition post birth (not that the space-time continuum will go according to your plans!)

Dawn:)

Unknown said...

Hi Fiona,
I shall probably be in Beatties tomorrow, Saturday. Any chance of you making it? If so, I'll bring those patterns along.