Saturday, June 24, 2006

Time flies after having fun!

I've finally found the time to blog!

I can't believe how time gets away from you when you keep meaning to do something. I've been meaning to post some pics for weeks and well now we have quite a few!

The Foo Fighters concert last Saturday was absolutely fantastic! i had such a great time and sat on the grass for most of the day so I didn't get overtired. It was rather hot though! I looked a little silly with a hat and plastered in sun cream when there were so many skimpily clad people about, but at least i didn't suffer afterwards.













Here I am with one of our friends that came with us before the concert. We just sat under some trees before going into the event. (Yes I'm the heavily pregnant one!)













This is me and my DB in the concert area. There were 85,000 people in there! I don't think I've seen so many people in one place.














I had to post just one pic of Dave Grohl. I adore him as he's just so talented and also just a really nice guy.

I have managed to get some knitting done. Not a lot mind. I finished a baby cardi and it is actually sewn up and everything! It does need the buttons putting on, but I like the design.
It had just enough going on in the pattern to keep me interested. I just find plain stockinette really boring at the moment, but I don't have much attention for bigger projects.

The solution: I need to find pretty/interesting patterns suitable for a baby boy or girl that will not take forever and keep me interested. Any suggestions?

(Blogger isn't co-operating with the pictures of the cardi and my garden from my phone- stupid blogger- so I'll have to remember to put them on when it wants to play)

So... now that I can't show you what I have made I'm a bit peed off. Hmph.

O.k. well what has been good today is I went and got the wallpaper and border for the nursery, bathroom and the living room paint. Now that I have the baby's paper the furniture will be able to be put up and voila! I'm so excited now, but I think it's starting to drag now. The heavily pregnant phase is a bit wearing!

Before I go I have to say thankyou to blueadt. I've bought some of her de-stash and will be happily receiving it soon. I'm going to attempt yet another baby blanket, but this time using domino squares. I'm hoping this wont be as diappointing as the last blanket that ended up rhombus shaped instead of rectangular!
I've really enjoyed mailing back and forth with her and just want to say thanks for her suggestions and advice.

Also, I'd like to say to the girls at Beatties knit chat that I haven't disappeared! It's been so hectic moving house and sorting things out that my Saturdays have been precious hor running errands and so on so I really haven;t had the chance to come along. I hope that I'll be able to make it again over the next few weeks.

Right ho... I'm shattered now so I reckon I'll be off to bed so I can start again tomorrow on the house. Sigh! at least it will be worth the effort!
xxxx

4 comments:

Juliet said...

You look wonderful - all round and peachy and pretty. The photo of you and your man is lovely, you look such a great pair of friends as well as partners. I wish I looked that good in hats. Look after yourself and be selfish - pregnancy is draining especially in heat.

Juliet said...

Next thought - baby knitting - have you investigated the Lucinda Guy patterns - scrumptious!

Anonymous said...

Have you tried the EZ baby surprise? That's a bit boxy shaped, but you can use odds and ends, or variagated yarn. I'm knitting her baby cardy from the knitters almanac, a bit more traditional and the lacey pattern stops boredom. Or try knitting st st and reading! It makes the st st fly by!

RoxyK said...

Glad you enjoyed the concert and the photos are lovely. You don't look silly at all - I'd have worn a hat in the sun too - who wants sunstroke!

The new Mason-Dixon Knitting book has a gorgeous baby kimono and BIBS which look brilliant. I'm sure you'll be needing plenty of those......

Poor Thunder has finally forgiven us. It took HOURS of cuddles and stroking last night but finally he's back to his usual self ;)