Friday, May 26, 2006

Is this normal?

Just a quick post since, again, I'm on the packing trail.

Since I've been knitting for around 2 years now, I was sorting out the stash yesterday for moving and thought OMG. I knew I had a yarn problem, but for 2 years is this normal?

I know the well established knitters in the blogging community could look at this and say "is that all?!" but I thought I'd ask whether I am alone in gathering this much stuff over such a small amount of time. (This is the edited version too as I have dispatched of the stuff I wasn't keeping.)














(I realise it's not an awe inspiring picture being boxes and bags!)

5 comments:

Daisy said...

Nope. That's totally normal. I've been knitting for about 18 months and I think my pile is a similar size! In fact, I have a man from a removal company coming round in an hour to give me a quote. I'm trying to think of ways of explaining all the yarn. Well, at least it's not heavy, unlike all the books! ;-)
Good luck with your move.

Anonymous said...

I think it's very restrained, but then you should check out my flash the stash on 1st april! I've been knitting properly since before you were born!

Steph said...

Looks fine to me. An artist couldn't function without a good selection of paints could (s)he?!
Good luck with the move - see you soon.

Anonymous said...

you are wicked - there is only a subtle hint of the goodies within to tease us. Now I understand what my mum used to mean when I was young "don't show all - a little mystery is a good thing".

RoxyK said...

Oh definitely normal! I think when you first start acquiring stash, you get everything. But after a while you get more and more selective. Which is a very good thing otherwise there would no room in our homes for anything else!

I don't know. I go on holiday and there are 3 posts from you! Glad to hear everything is all going well and congrats on the socks. Fun aren't they?