Monday, May 19, 2008

UK Swap round 2 questionnaire

Part One: Crafting

Do you knit, crochet, or both?

Both


What do you like to make?

Cardigans mostly for practicality, lacy scarves, fingerless mittens


Do you have a favourite project?

My Dahlia sweater is my favourite project to date


Do you have a favourite type of fiber or brand of yarn?

I love knitting with wool but I’m allergic to 100% wool or animal fibre. Blends are better for me.


Do you have a least favourite type of yarn?

Squeaky acrylic


Do you do any other crafts?

I spin with a drop spindle and I’d like to learn how to sew properly.


Do you knit in public? If so where do you like knitting and what is your "portable" project?

I like to knit in public but currently I’m without a regular group. I drag along any project that is easy enough to concentrate on without making too many mistakes. Unfortunately I’m not much of a sock knitting person.


What do you carry your "portable" knitting in?

One of the many felted bags I’ve knitted


Are there any knitting gifts (book, toy, yarn, item, tool) that you have been lusting over?

I really would love a yarn swift and ball winder (swoons) and would like a really good 1 skein book.

Part Two: Your Favourites
If you were a specific kind of yarn, which brand and kind of yarn would you be (and why)?

I’d be a something colourful and feltable. Scratchy maybe at first (I’m shy) but then softens and becomes functional and useful in a heated situation ;o) Probably noro kureyon without the pricetag!!


What is your favourite colour?

Err.... I like purple a lot and cherry reds.


What is your least favourite colour?

Yellow


What scents/smells do you like? What don’t you like?

I don’t like vanilla/caramelly smells . I’m not keen on white chocolate and hate pear drops!


How do you like to pamper yourself? (bubble bath, hand creams, massage, manicure)

I love good scrubs that make you feel clean, soft and pampered and nice bath products for those rare moments I have time for a good long soak.


What goodies to you like to eat? (chocolate, biscuits, sweets,crisps etc)

I’m a quality not quantity chocolate person so good dark chocolate and love biscuits.


Do you prefer tea or coffee while you knit? Any particular kind?

I drink tea mostly at home (regular tea) but while I’m out I’m a Starbucks fanatic!


Do you listen to/watch anything while you knit? (TVshow-Along, movies, music, podcasts,

audiobooks)

I like to watch films (anything from sci-fi to action to cheesy chickflicks) and my recorded episodes of Moonlight/Blood Ties/Heroes/CSI:NY/How to look good naked. I also like to listen to rock music or the odd podcast at cast off.

Part Three: About you, Living & Past-times
If you were a specific kind of yarn, which brand and kind of yarn would you be (and why)?

I’d be a something colourful and feltable. Scratchy maybe at first (I’m shy) but then softens and becomes functional and useful in a heated situation ;o) Probably noro kureyon without the pricetag!!


Where do you live in the UK? (General idea not address)

I live in the West Midlands (near Birmingham)


Have you always lived here, or did you grow up somewhere else?

I have always lived in the West Midlands but changed towns a few times


What is your favourite place in the UK?

I loved Cornwall as a kid and really enjoyed a stay in Edinburgh too.


If you could visit anywhere in the world, where would you go?

I’d love to travel to Prague for the architecture; Egypt for the pyramids; Cuba for the mohitos!


What other hobbies do you have?

I like to read, watch TV and films, spin, have just learnt crochet, like to cook (mainly cakes!) and trying my best to learn to sew properly.



Part Four: The Theme
As part of this swap we are asking you to post (or link to) a picture or photograph you like. Your swap pal will use the photo as a basis for a themed item or parcel.
It could be of a specific item, e.g. Jellybeans, an Alpaca, a rainbow or a scene e.g. sunset, beach, woodland or anything else you can think of! Please add a few words to explain why you have chosen the photo if you think this is appropriate.
It could be a photo you have taken or a picture you have found on the internet. Please note - if the picture is not yours please ensure you seek permission from the owner before posting it on your blog. Alternatively, you can link to the original picture.

http://www.lanl.gov/news/albums/safety/Lightning.jpg

(That is the original link for the picture.)










I used this picture because not only does it show beautiful colours, but I am fascinated by adverse weather and how amazing and dangerous nature can be. Since a lot of knitted items are made us to protect us from the elements I thought a weather picture would be apt. I don’t expect miraculous lightning proof knits though ;o) but I thought the colours were particularly pretty.


Final Part:
Any allergies/preferences (fiber-wise or treat-wise)? I’m allergic to kiwi and 100% animal fibre yarns like wool and alpaca which make me itch and anything with a high angora content makes me sneeze and feel like I have a cold! Plant/acrylic/wool blends seem to be just fine.


Anything we missed that you’d like your partner to know?

I’d like my partner to know I have a quirky sense of humour and like patterns which show my individuality but also like classically beautiful things also.



I think that is it! Yay UK swaps!!!!

1 comment:

RooKnits said...

Like your picture choice!
I'm free this weekend if you fancy a little knitting!