Monday, May 05, 2008

Disaster!

Seriously people- I could cry right now! I finished my gift Branching Out for my great aunt’s 80th birthday last night and 5 minutes ago I thought I’d go and block it for photos etc and wrap it up. BIG MISTAKE. Since I generally use the iron for stuff like this…. well it looks like cotton, feels like cotton, knits like cotton….. I forgot it isnt cotton but maize. It also melts. Turns crispy, and spiky kind of melting. It took me months to finish this between the zillion other projects and I don’t have enough time to make another. My mum is going to donate the 100% silk mini clapotis I made her as said aunt hasn’t seen it before. I dont know whether to be grateful or insulted that she’d give it away but still. :”o(

I'm now in no mood whatsoever to be taking pictures etc etc, but I'll make my little progress report:
Hexacomb cardigan: Finished Left Front and ready to re-join yarn to right front.
Jose's handwarmers: about 80% done on the first mitt but not entirely positive I have enough silk garden for both. I got this via UKarma and only have 1 ball. The pattern uses 1 ball of kureyon so I thought it would be enough. I'm reluctant now to finish it and start the other in case I end up frogging them,.
Crosswalkers: I've turned the heel and nearly ready to do the toe on sock#1

New project: Bronte's mitts for the Fingerless Gloves Fanatics group on ravelry. I have completed the rib section of the mitt and ready to start a lace section . These are the May KAL project for the group so it will definately be a challenge to get these done before the end of the month! Normal people can make these in a few days, but with my life interfering far too much with knitting it'll be a struggle.

I'm going to curl up into the fetal position now and sob on the very immediate loss I've just suffered. Damn it!! Damn it!! Damn it!!!

4 comments:

Daisy said...

Oh no, I've always dreaded doing something like that. Touch wood nothing dreadful has happened so far.

Steph said...

Oh Fi, that's awful. Poor you. I recommend a very large piece of chocolate gateau. Immediately. Sending virtual hugs. :-)

Anonymous said...

Oh no, how awful. Good job your mum was able to step in with a gift.

Dawn said...

What a nightmare for you! Take a photo and in a few months you'll laugh about it. And never do that same mistake. At least your great aunt will have a present.