Sunday, May 25, 2008

Bank Holiday curse

Don't you just love Bank Holiday weather?! It is raining as I type and looking generally grim. Plans of gardening gone awry, no visits to the duckpond or Seth playing on the slide. On the upside- no gardening and I don't have to waste water using a hosepipe since Mother Nature is doing its thing.

Also.... Bank Holidays are so busy. I would have more rest at work! Yesterday, Seth had a social engagement (birthday party) to attend and of course I'm the chaperone on his arm ;o) and he has another on Monday as it is my niece's birthday on the 28th. As you can see, he dressed to impress




















And here he is making another cheeky face for the camera.... such a star!




















I have managed some progress this week. I haven't been knitting much over the last few weeks, work and necessary resting haven't left me with much patience or inspiration. However, on friday I decided to spin the second half of the 'beach' fibre I got from FeltStudioUK on etsy. I managed to spin it all and get it plied with the first batch too. A late night... but worth it!
















It is still a little bit wet here but turned out good for my first real effort since I started spinning a few years ago. I'd just washed it and hung it to dry, but had lots of great advice from the guys on the UKSpinners group on ravelry. Next time I'll try the shock and whack method which is what most people seem to do. I'm not sure why, but physically torturing yarn seems a bit sadistic though I suppose it's a better way for relieving your frustration that some therapies ;o)

I finished the second front on the hexacomb cardigan this morning. I think if I dedicated a bit more time to the project it would be done in no time at all.... ah well. It's easy enough to pick up and put down so the rest of the back and sleeves plus neckbands are left.


















Right.... to finish up, since watching CSI:NY is just takes so much attention ;o) I urge all you guys to join UK Swap... sign ups end soon and the more the merrier!!! The blog button is on my sidebar- click it, click it now!!!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just to let you know, the weather in Scotland is just lovely...

Craftyfox said...

Cardigan looking great.. your Seth looks a real cutie

Steph said...

Oooh, that hexacomb cardi looks fab.

Susan said...

The cardi looks like it's going to be a good FO, for sure. Can't wait to see the final product.

Steph said...

Oops, just tagged you - see my blog.. ;-)

Janey said...

Damn...I've just tagged you too! Now you've no excuse!