Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Blog drought

Hi there!

I realise I've had a bit of a blogging drought lately. I'm still around and kicking up a storm, just very preoccupied with 'normal life' at the moment. Unfortunately, my knitting has suffered somewhat. I haven't done much knitting over the last few weeks since work has been a bit of a pig with the staff tea room being refurbished and all. This means I have no comfortable place to knit and those with kids know how impossible it is to knit at home with a zillion piles of washing, ironing and such. Also, my dad is awaiting his histology results for his skin cancer biopsies. He had them taken a while back during a small local op on his head to remove some patches of skin which were cancerous. The results are due friday and amongst a few other problems, this is on my mind a lot.

I must apologise to the kitchen swap people if they read my blog. I made a commitment to them to make the potholder/kitchen item swap and have failed miserably. Luckily my swap partner will be late too so I hope she'll forgive me with a few gifts thrown in with the 'creation' when I finally get it finished.

Branching out is going slowly. This is my work project, so unless I get a repeat done while having coffee in BB's waiting for my bus, it's just not getting anywhere. I'm about 60-70% done at the moment and my aunt's birthday isn't until May, but I like to be ahead.

Next week I have some time off to get some work done on the portfolio, crack on with the housework and generally chill as well. I'm going to have my hair done on Monday as a treat for feeling a bit out of it and really want a vast change.

So watch this space, hopefully I'll have some blog posts and pics and such next week for you all.

x

4 comments:

RooKnits said...

Fingers crossed for your dad. Have a good time next week and remember some "me" time is important too.

Craftyfox said...

Good luck for your dad. Just concentrate on what must be done and let other things slide..

Daisy said...

Hope things go well with your Dad.

Anonymous said...

Hope things are ok with your dad.
Take care.

Love the music player.