Monday, April 07, 2008

purple rules! OK

Hey there!

I have a half-finished WIP (!) and an unlikely one at that.














Here is Fetching in her purple glory-ness. Iam making this pair in a yarn thinner than specified to create a more snug fit because I have teeny-tiny wrists and I about as much guessed that using the DB Cashmerino Aran would make them too big. Here I've used Rowan Calmer for elasticity, snugness, and a blend that won't make me itch.














Here is the thumb side view. I thought from reading the instructions that the thumb would be a b***h to do but it took me a matter of minutes to do really. I have altered the pattern to allow for Calmer being thinner by making the pattern repeat 8 rows long instead of five and I like the slightly longer cuff. I've cast on the second one too so I'm hoping to do these fairly quickly now. I first cast them on in January according to my Ravelry notes and just left them once I'd gotten to the long stretch w/o cables. I think the break will mean I wont suffer from SMS (second mitten syndrome) as the cables are the other way around on the right mitt and it's been ages since I started the left.

There is another reason I want to finish as many WIPs as possible this week.... I have a project lined up! I think the cloud bolero can be frogged- I have fell out of love with it :o( and the branching out scarf is my work WIP so they don't count. The kitchen swap creation has to be finished as it's already over deadline so I have that to do also.

Here are my projects that I think will be coming up soon....

The Hexacomb Cardigan- from interweave knits



















I have already bought the DK cotton for this project! And buttons! I've got a dark cream for the main body of the cardi and a pearl/flat cream mix for the border. The buttons are cream with a patterned gold insert. I'm really psyched about starting this as it looks like such a versatile cardi and the colours were deliberate so that I can put it with pretty much anything. I just got Wendy Supreme Cotton DK as I think it will be as good as any other DK cotton to be honest and only needed 3 balls or 600m for the main colour so a bargain cardi really!

Secondly....the Flutter Sleeve Cardigan (again from interweave)



















To those that know my taste, this may seem a little 'conservative'! However, I plan on leaving off the little sleeve tabs so that the sleeves are a little longer as there is no fold and ta-da!- a kimono sleeve cardi with lovely shaping under the bust to make it a bit more feminine! I think a few special buttons would really make it that bit funkier too. I've got some Katia Austral in a dark red for this which is a 50/50 merino/acrylic blend. How I love ebay :o)

Well, I'm gonna kick back with some tv and some chocolate pudding and custard and some knitting and have a cosy evening me thinks....
Good night x

4 comments:

Steph said...

Very fetching mittens. ;-) You need them atm too!

RooKnits said...

You are lucky your hands are so small or I would be stealing your fetchings :o) They look fab. I am loving the Hexacomb cardigan too. Very very versatile, it will look great on you and should be a fairly quick knit too I reckon.

Craftyfox said...

Just love the 'Fetchings'. mmm

I agree that the right buttons can really change the look of a garment too. I love the way that the cardigans are shaped.

Happy knitting!

Anonymous said...

ooooh I've got a pair of those, in exactly that colour, lovely and warm aren't they?

Love those patterns you have in mind.