Sunday, April 13, 2008

Spring Destash

Hello there

Well, a little progess is more than none as they say.

This week, I have managed to finish and post the Kitchen swap items, get half way through Fetching Mitten #2 and I have cast on for the Hexacomb cardigan.

Through no fault of anyone but myself, I didn't really do as much Portfolio work as I really should have but I suppose that's no surprise! I really lack self discipline when I have no fixed deadline to work to. Unfortunately, when I get to work tomorrow I suspect that my deadline will have been set and I'll have just about a few weeks to get it finished and prepare myself for the Big Day. That is... being interviewed for my qualification. Nail biting stuff!

Well this is a little round up of this week's little achievements really. I haven't quite done enough on the Hexacomb cardi to warrant a picture- the fronts and backs are all cast on together then separated at the armholes, so casting on 194 stitches in mercerised cotton was a chore. Last night I managed to get about 18 rows of pattern done.

I did a little bit of baking midweek:














This here is banana cake. It was so yummy I literally ate half the cake before lunchtime! Good thing it's considered a 'low fat' recipe then! The recipe was just from a friend and not out of a book or anything so I don't suppose it'll hurt to tell ya ;o)

Banana Cake (Low fat- ish!)

3/4 cup Caster sugar (I used 'light' sugar which is 1/3 sweetener to cut down on the kcals)
3/4 cup vegetable oil
3/4 cup plain flour
3/4 cup self-raising flour
3 eggs
3 bananas mashed
pinch bicarbonate of soda

*whisk oil and sugar together and add eggs
*add bananas
*fold in the flour and bicarb
*grease a loaf tin and pour in mixture
*180 degrees for 45 minutes, check middle with a knife, adding 10 mins as needed til the middle is firm
Voila. Don't burn yourself trying to eat it as soon s it's done ;o)

As part of the 'spring destash' I have been getting rid of odd balls and stash I'm bored with and such on ravelry.
It's gone surprisingly well and I've managed to send out quite a bit. I've just managed to sell some too which is a bonus. Although... I was supposed to be selling my spinning stuff too as I never get around to doing any. As you know... when you get it all out, you tend to try it out etc etc and never got around to destashing the fibre.... instead I got this done:















This is merino, which I'd never spun up before. It is as fine as I usually spin it, so will need plying for it to be of use to me, but I enjoyed doing something different. So I guess it's staying!

And lastly......














The new hair. I love it.

Check me out on ravelry if ya want, I'm the usual 'scarletprincess' on there. Please aid the destash :o)
x

2 comments:

RooKnits said...

Yummy cake and FAB hair, I love it!

Steph said...

Love the colours - of the hair and the merino!