Sunday, March 23, 2008

Happy Easter

Hope you guys are having a lovely easter. Ours wouldn't be too bad if Seth and myself didn't have another cold! I think that his is partly due to cutting his fangs.... to say he's irritable is an understatement. I think I got my cold from him, but the germs are out and about everywhere atm. Poor lamb has had me up in the night the majority of the week, though he managed to sleep through til 5 this morning.

Anyhoo....
I don't have any pictures of my knitting atm. I've done the heel flap on my crosswalkers but have to have my laptop in front of me (pattern is saved there) to make sure I'm making the heel properly. I've made the odd sock before but it's been a while and I've not gotten that innate knowledge yet! I've also been making something for a swap. I'm not particularly 'homely' but it seemed like a fun thing to do. I'm making a potholder/mitt thingy but I'm not sure what it'll be til I've finished. I'm trying different textural patterns knit into blocks and my 'potholders' were too small so I'm going to make a linked oven glove thing out of the sections. Thing is I'll have to make a sort of lining otherwise a cotton mitt will probably of no use whatsoever! Ah well... I'll put up pics if a) it's any good and b) if I have chance- it has to be posted by the 31st!!

I've made a bit more progress on the banching out scarf. I got about 5 or 6 repeats done when I went to Bristol last week on a blood transfusion course. There would have been a lot more progress if I'd not encountered a very chatty man determined to converse the whole 1hr and 20mins of the journey home :o| Granted he was a lovely young man, but after 7 hours of blood transfusion lectures I really didn't want to but I'm far too polite for my own good and ended up doing no knitting on the way home. I usually do some knitting in my breaks at work but there's a lot of "atmosphere" at work and I can't concentrate on the pattern rows and make mistakes. Even after 30-sum-odd repeats I still have to have the pattern. I can't remember lace patterns unless they're super simple!

As I have no knitting photos here's a cutie pic for easter















Don't eat too much chocolate folks... ah who am I kidding? I have a Green and Blacks egg with bittersweet cherry AND dark almond....mmmmmm!

3 comments:

RooKnits said...

Happy Easter! I hope Seth lets you get some more sleep soon... I might be round to steal your Easter egg if you aren't careful!

Craftyfox said...

Happy Easter,enjoy your egg

Steph said...

Oooh, the best egg! Poor Seth - my two always got colds when those teeth were pushing through. Hope they appear quickly.