Friday, September 05, 2008

Class of '08

Today I graduate from uni. Me- very very nervous! I haven't eaten yet this morning my stomach is in knots because I don't like stages or people watching me or anything like that. I'm taking my mom and dad with me and, as Seth is too young to be carted around with us, Dan (DB) is staying at home with him.

Now, I've been studying forever for this degree! Instead of 4 part-time years it's taken 6! Having Seth and vile depressing Honours Project of Doom saw to that! But, I have no regrets and I'm happy I stuck with it. There are 3 of us from work who are graduating today and we're going to be the last 3 for some time as our department isn't taking any more trainees while the shift hours haven't been implemented or decided properly.

Also.... I had a letter from the university yesterday- they're fantastic at giving you very little notice- saying that I have won a university prize. The letter invites me and my guests (mom and dad) to the prizewinners reception after the graduation ceremony. I don't even know what the prize is! Knowing Wolverhampton University it will be something lame but I'm on a bit of a winning streak lately! Maybe I should put a £1 on the lottery!

I really didn't sleep much last night but my head is buzzing and the adrenaline has me thinking "what if the queues for the robes are really long?" and "what will I do if trip and make an arse out of myself?" etc etc.

Anyhoo, I have to go and smarten up because I'm pretty sure they wont let my collect my degree certificate in PJs and a fluffy dressing gown- even if it does have pink hearts all over it! Snazzy!

No doubt I'll post soon.... my UKSwap parcel is due any day now and I'm sure my dad will have many many pics from the digital camera!!!

















xxx

1 comment:

RooKnits said...

Congratulations once again! Have a wonderful graduation day. I'm sure your mum and dad will be very very proud. My mum cried at mine, and she isn't one for showing emotion.