Saturday, September 23, 2006

Where does the time go to?!

Hello!

I can't believe how two weeks flies by! I've been reading blogs in a spare ten minutes or so, but never quite had enough time to blog...! I guess that is what a newborn son does!

Well, amazingly, I have had a little time to knit! The yarn which Dawn sent has been put to good use so far:






























This is the DB Cashmerino and I have at least half left over so a few co-ordinating little items will be popping up me thinks! I've made one of a pair of stripy socks also in the DB Cashmerino book with some khaki 4- ply soft, so I'll post those up when they're finished.

Seth had a lovely gift from Steph:





























These absolutely stunning crochet bootees fit him like a glove! Which in a way is a shame as he'll be growing out of them far too quick, but I shall cherish them and keep them for sure!

Well, I don't have a great deal to report... the felted bag which I made for my sister's birthday had a bit of a mishap :o( The pattern was out of last month's Simply Knitting using Rowan Chunky Print. It knitted up fine, though I think I prefer bags knitted in the round... the sewing up on this was tedious! However, the bad luck was when I felted it in the washing mahine. The size was fine... but I used my new bathmats to agitate it as I had no jeans which needed washing. The bathmats are cotton chenille so the fibres moulted and produced a hybrid bag covered in bits! Big DUH on my part. I had to brush what I could off the bag with a brillo pad... ah well. I'll know next time!

Myself, Danny and Seth say a huge thanks to everyone who put up such lovely comments.
xxx

3 comments:

Mary-Lou said...

Irritating about the bathmat fluff! - have you tried using one of those shavers that remove the little balls of fluff from clothes?

Anonymous said...

Wow, that's quick knitting, considering you have a new born to command your time now, it looks lovely. I adore those bootees!

RoxyK said...

How cute is that top?

Great you're getting time knit. He must be such a good baby ;)

Shame about the felting. Like you say, now you know why jeans are recommended ;o) Disappointing all the same though isn't when stuff doesn't quite go to plan!