Saturday, September 09, 2006

Our New Son: Seth Thomas Wilkes, Wednesday 06/09/06 8:40pm

Hurrah our baby boy is here! It was such a shock to have a boy even though we hadn't asked the sex as everyone had swore it to be a girl. As proud mom, I'm overjoyed to show you pictures of our lovely baby:
(Sorry you have to click on them all...)

Here he is about 30mins old:
http://www.geocities.com/scarletprincess@btinternet.com/IM000155.JPG

Proud parents:
http://www.geocities.com/scarletprincess@btinternet.com/IM000152.JPG

Here's myself after the birth.... not bad considering??
http://www.geocities.com/scarletprincess@btinternet.com/IM000151.JPG


This is the next day. I cannot believe how much he had changed over a few hours! He still looks so much like his daddy though- especially the position he's sleeping in!
http://www.geocities.com/scarletprincess@btinternet.com/DSC00118.JPG

Here he is on his way home yesterday afternoon:
http://www.geocities.com/scarletprincess@btinternet.com/DSC00115.JPG
He was wearing some of the gorgeous knitting my "aunty" Margaret had done for him. he just looked adorable!

Today we dressed him in some little clothes for his first outing in the pram:
http://www.geocities.com/scarletprincess@btinternet.com/DSC00125.JPG

Thankyou to everyone who's being following the epic! I had to have the membrane sweep tuesday to kickstart things as he was overdue. On wednesday lunchtime the waters broke and I had an 8 hour labour with gas and air. Fantastic considering I don't do pain at all and I have to say I wasn't traumatised at all by it and found it a positive experience. I only had 9 stitches in the end and I'm pleased with how things went. He may have been 8 days late, but it really is all worth it!!!

I also want to say a HUGE thankyou to Dawn for the absolutely fantastic package she sent me for her competition. It was the most generous thing ever and I love everything you sent!!!
http://www.geocities.com/scarletprincess@btinternet.com/DSC00126.JPG
Here we have Baby Cashmerino 2 by Debbie Bliss and 3 balls of green Baby Cashmerino plus Annarella stitchmarkers! But wait it doesn't end there....
http://www.geocities.com/scarletprincess@btinternet.com/DSC00127.JPG
We have Lornas Laces and Louisa Harding Kimono Angora too! I'm so spoilt1 I love the colours and I really didn't expect generosity like this- I got quite overwhelmed when I came home yesterday with a parcel like this waiting for me!

I'm making this short and sweet for now as with the baby nearly ready for the next feed, a mom's work is never done! Dad has been wonderful too and I couldn't have asked for a better settling into Seth's new home. He's really been a darling now he's here rather than the two awful nights in hospital. It really feels like he knows where he's supposed to be!

Lots of love and kisses,
Fiona, Danny and Baby Seth xxxx

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on the new FO!

Steph said...

Well done Fi - he's beautiful!

Nickerjac said...

Congratulations he looks absolutely gorgeous and you look amazing on it too. x

Unknown said...

Congratulations to all the family and welcome Seth, he's a very handsome fellow already!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Fiona, what a sweetheart he is! I'm glad you enjoyed the gifts, a timely present I must say!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations to you both! What wonderful pictures too - he's very cute indeed :)

PURLPOWER said...

Congratulations and bloody well done!

You look amazingly well and overjoyed in those pics.

Am well impressed that you have found the time to blog as well (although we would all have been hanging on the edge of our seats if you hadn't).

Sending you all best wishes for the coming months.

Alice said...

congrats!!!!

RooKnits said...

Congratulations. What an adorable little man. Boy am I getting broody at the moment. So many babies/pregnant people around..... first my friends and now the rest of blog-world. I guess I'll have to stick with knitting for them for the moment (it is less messy and tiring anyway!)

insaknitty said...

congratulations! what a sweet little boy. :) good to see he takes to handknits so well. that outfit your "aunty" made is so adorable on him! what a lucky guy. sounds like you're doing well. great job, new mommy! :)

RoxyK said...

Oh Congratulations to you both! He's so sweet.....glad it all went ok and you're enjoying you're new role ;)

blueadt said...

Congtratulations Fi & Danny - he's beautiful!

I hope Charlie feels better soon.