Sunday, September 18, 2005

funky fair isle

Hullo folks

I've been swatching today for something i've been a bit intimidated about doing. Fair isle! After seeing
Tracy's poetic fair isle i decided that I'd bite the bullet. It's no where near the standard of her work, but something simple yet sweet.

And behold.... yes ignore the colours!...




















The complete total of fair isle rows needed in a pattern called, funnily enough, "Fairly easy fair isle". Wonder why I picked that huh?! The pattern is from "Stitch and Bitch Nation". Now I couldn't get a proper picture off the net apart from one someone has taken of their own project to that pattern... so apologies but here it is: ?????
Any how i'm on the search for a suitable colourway so watch this space! I enjoyed the swatch and wasn't difficult. It's a little bit lumpy as I had to use different yarn types.

And for those interested in the FO details (sorry all the excitement got to me!) the pattern was "barra" from Rowan Classic Winter in 'twig' Soft Tweed

Currently I'm still knitting Pandora from Rowan 38 (w/o the stupid big wool bow!) and got as far as finishing the back and up to the armhole shaping on the front. I have enjoyed the difference in knitting techniques though I think I miss purling! It's all gtst/slip stitch. I never thought I'd miss purling- a new experience!

And so I'll leave you peeps with that to chew over and I'll get back to you as soon as I have a colourscheme thought out!

x

No comments: