Friday, December 08, 2006

Happy Birthday to meee...

Hey folks!

Today I'm 23 years young! Nearly getting to those mid twenties and while I'm not quite old and wrinkly, a lot has happened since last year!

This time last year I was moving into a flat by myself and getting some decorating done. I'd had to go back to mum's after a painful break-up with my fiance since I just didn't have any faith left in the relationship. A few months later my new (-ish: I'd known him all my life and we were back together after 4 years apart) DB was helping me and I didn't actually end up spending a night alone in the flat since he never left!

Not one to be boring.... I found that we were having a baby on my niece's birthday a few days before the end of the year. Then after all our hard work, to skip a few months..., we had to move out again since it was only a tiny one bedroom flat above a pharmacy! We moved into our new rented house together and then Seth came to complete our little family. What a year!!!

What was the best thing about today? Well not the presents, but the fact I got my first "Happy Birthday Mommy" card. I may not be seeing all of my family today or going out to celebrate, but I feel that I don't really need to be doing anything spectacular. I plan to have a relaxing day (as much as you can with a poorly 13 week old baby) and maybe watch a film, do some knitting if I get chance and just enjoy the things that matter.

O.k. I do have a little bit of knitting content for you.... :o)

I finished knitting my adapted Buttony Sweater. I guess she's skinnier and such so I have a shorter version with short sleeves. I did really enjoy knitting it though! I've never done a seamless knit before and I really see the benefits of it! I can't really post any pictures since I have to get some buttons for it. I bought some buttons from Pavi Yarns which were italian etched shell in a magenta colour. However, they were too small since there was a mis-hap with the description of them. I did have wonderful customer service though as Karen from Pavi telephoned me to answer my query and is on the case finding a replacement for me!

I'd better get on and sort out the little one... if I don't get to post before the holidays, I hope everyone has a lovely christmas!!!
xxx

6 comments:

Daisy said...

Happy Birthday!
Hope Seth gets better soon and enjoy Christmas!

RoxyK said...

Happy Birthday!!!

Seth looks just so cute in the last post. Hope he's feeling better soon:)

Great idea about the felted mittens/oven gloves. But these shrank so small they won't even fit my small hands!

Thanks about the info on the RAST tests....still no results yet though ;)

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday, you have ages and ages to go before you're old! Poor Seth, but at least he'll be better before his first Christmas.

Steph said...

I've tagged you! Take a look at my blog to see what you need to do..

blueadt said...

Belated Happy Birthday - I wish I was 23 again!

Steph said...

Hi from Cornwall! Hope you and yours are doing well - have you abandoned your blog for now? Keep checking to see your knitting progress. Take care. :-)