Monday, February 06, 2006

Doesn't time fly...

I know, I know!

It's been ages since my last post. Time seems to be really getting away from me lately and I just forget all about things 10 mins after I thought about them!

So... since last time....

The yarn diet is gone. Completely obliterated. And it's all your fault!

Its seeing all the beautiful things you all buy or get as presents and I think "I want that" or "Mmm thats a lovely colour.." So now I am the proud owner of several new seasons Rowan/RYC book and all sorts of things I just thought I "needed" at the time!

How am I supposed to resist new patterns and never touched but lusted after yarns?

So at the moment I've got a few things on the go. I have "Urchin" from RYC Classic Beach which is a 1/2 sleeve short cardi that I'm doing in All Seasons Cotton in 'framboise'. It's an unusual colour for me to pick but i felt I needed a change.

Also I'm making a capelet from Teva Durham's Loop-d-Loop book which is hooded. English spring is so crap that I thought it'd get some wear! And as it is knit on 20mm needles it won't take long. I've already done the flat knitted part and just waiting for some 20mm circs to come from ebay. Again it's a fresh choice and I'm making it in Big Wool "Tricky" to add a little colour into my ever becoming drab wardrobe.

Hmm... and theres a really tediously boring shrug I'm making but it's just a rectange sewn up fo the arms.... so knitting a really wide scarf basically on 4mm needles... but it's good tv knitting if I'm tired.

To be honest in the knitting drought I've not done any adventurous patterns but I'll work my way up again.

Right, gotta go to uni (groan) I'm doing a 6pm-9pm lecture series on a monday evening now which I just know I'm gonna hate.

Hope you're all well,

Love Fi x

1 comment:

RoxyK said...

Nice to see you back & thanks for the comments. Yep, stubborn is definitely one my traits ;)

So where is the picture on Nan then? I'd love to see it in real life, so to speak.

Tricky Big Wool is a gorgeous colour. I've got a load to made yet another BW project in.....

New flat, new man, new yarn & new books - wow there's no stopping you ;)