Tuesday, July 19, 2005

Thank you

Firstly I wanna say a big 'Ta' to everyone for being supportive with my newfound skills and for not laughing at me being thick!

I've now completed both fronts and the back of Jenny... just the sleevies to do now- my least favourite part of jumpers/cardis as i don't like sewing them in. But, seeing as it's raglan... this should be easier... right??
















Fronts together and back of Jenny

Today has been crappy, but funny. It's been crappy because of feeling poorly- I've been having riotous headaches for over a week but I don't suppose there's much else to do about them. Today has been funny because my friend from work has been telling me how her date went last night; or nearly didn't because some other bloke turned up before she was supposed to be going out! Yikes! Glad I don't have that problem.

Darling Fiance has got me a copy of the *new* 'Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. So if the CSI double Tarantino episodes are cancelled (again, rant!) I shall watch Charlie instead! Btw I adore Nick in CSI!

I was thinking today about starting some gifts for xmas/birthday rush. I came to this charitable way of thinking after attempting a new project. And failed. Again. It was called
'Cardinal Grapje' and was a pattern I found reading someones blog... which I then went onto someone elses and completely lost track of how i got there. Its such a pretty design, but whether its me (most likely) or the pattern, i just couldn't get the rows to line up properly.

After the second failure of pretty patterns I thought maybe after doing knitting for others I would find my flair and put some more "zing" into my knitting. I've really enjoyed the two mini clapotis I made and the branching out scarf... what can I try next? I've seen a few sock patterns but it's the dreaded double points... they all seem to be sizes I don't have and I really need to curb the spending after this month's parcels!

Oh well...best get cracking on those sleeves if Jenny want's to be finished.

7 comments:

RoxyK said...

We all have our daft moments - no matter now long we've been knitting. Always something new to learn isn't there. You're doing so well on Jenny. It looks lovely!

I love CSI too - totally addicted to it. AND I've been feeling lousy all day too! Must be something about.....

Steph said...

Jenny is looking fab! Seaming is much easier using the Clover Chibi darning needles - the cheapest I found were at www.kcgtrading.com if you feel like it!

Anonymous said...

If you like lacy things (for a change) try glampyre knits site - she has the one skein wonder (top down. all in one piece so no sewing) and orangina (sleeveless with a bit of lace) top.

Socks aren't hard! you can knit with 4 or 5 needles (one is the working needle) or one or two circulars. You can always go to a knitting meet up and see if there are any sock knitters there.

Anonymous said...

Hello
I too am a fan of HipKnits beautiful yarns - and CSI. My favourite character is Mac in CSI New York.

Nickerjac said...

I always have the same problem with Dpns I never can find the set of needles I need so I now have several sets of several sizes so if you want to borrow a set let me know. Hope the headaches ease off a little now that the weather has turned

Daisy said...

Jenny's looking great!
I felt the same way about socks - but once I got started the DPNs weren't so bad and so far I've only needed one set (2.5mm) for all the socks I've made...

Anonymous said...

Double pointed needles aren't that bad once you get used to them - once I had worked out the best way to arrange them while I was knitting I found them really simple. But I know there are places you can get socks that are knitted on two straight needles to, but they need sewing up. Plenty of things to try!