Wednesday, July 13, 2005

Backtracking Ideas

On the other hand, after attempting to swatch the 'Elspeth' pattern I totally think the pattern is a little advanced... so it's definately not going to be a recent project! Just as well the Calmer was bought for somethinge else!

So... with no proper knitting done, having watched a film and had an argument with the fiance over stupid trivial bickerings, I'm thoroughly pissed off and going to bed in a mood.

Damn these PMS hormones and Damn stupid knitting charts.

4 comments:

littlelixie said...

Have PMT too - Pooch just basically puts on body armour and hunkers down for the duration the poor thing! Started elspeth and couldn't get the hang of p2 through back so gave up and now everyone has knitted it - stand out from the crowd and try something else!

Steph said...

I would put it all down to feeling beaten by Elspeth. That would put me in a bad mood too! It's a lovely design, but there are lots of other shrug/bolero patterns around; try a little surfing and find something better!

RoxyK said...

Why don't you write the chart out longhand? I've done that. I can't read those darned charts either. And Elspeth is so cute! It's on my to do list.....

Anonymous said...

I've tried to cast on "Elspeth" I don't know how many times. I've even had my mum (a knitter for 40 years) confused by the pattern. I'm going to give her one more go and then I'm using my Clamer for something else. But if you want to see the finished article (and get some tips) try Xtreme-knitting.com