Sunday, July 24, 2005

Finally... something to blog about!

Hey all !

I know, I know! It's been ages since my last blog, but I didn't want to post anything without something to show you. After the unsuccessful things lately I thought I'd show my progress on Jenny. She's not quite finished, just the icky bits to do, but this is how far I have got:















This is sewing in the sleeve... sooo much easier with raglan shapes.... my new favourite atm!















This is where I've finished for the day... one side seam left to sew.

The down side is now I have all the pesky icky banding to pick up and knit, but the end is nigh!

If you were wondering on the change of scenery (i.e. not the usual webcam view of the messy PC room) then I have taken these photos on my *new phone* which I got today! I love the camera on it and even I have figured how to get the piccys onto the PC!

Here's a pic of my DF playing around with his (yes I'm a good fiance because I bought him a phone too, though this time it's a different one so we dont bicker about "thats my phone"!)















Yes he's so happy he cannot find an expression to convey it!!

And... so she doesn't feel left out, here is a piccy of Pussycat as well (in her usual resting place on the "coat and handbag" chair!)
















Pussycat hasn't attempted to venture outside today! It's been stormy all day with howling wind and pouring with rain. I wouldn't mind but it's annoying when everytime I get up she gets up to trip me up and looks at me as if to say "mum make it stop". I can't. I'm strong with the Force, but not that strong!

Hmmm... well since I have work (groan) tomorrow I suppose I ought to go to bed, but I just have that feeling in my belly that will make me worry about work unless I go to bed really tired. All this anxiety over a few test tubes and a honours degree.... surely there's more to life!! Well yes there is, but until I'm qualified I won't have any money to live a life so I suppose I'll plod on!!

Right, well I've just remembered something else - I got a necklace this week (woohoo) which I adore. I love butterflies so I just love this:















Picture quality doesn't do it justice!

It's beautifully enamelled with little crystals set in the little flowers and a heart on the bottom of the butterfly. I've worn it since thursday!

Well better get on and do something productive.... like get a glass of wine and relax for half an hour before bedtime!

5 comments:

Nickerjac said...

beautiful necklace, my kittens do exactly the same thing I seem to spend a lot of tome apologising for standing on them !!!

Anonymous said...

You'll be finished in time for the cooler days (like today?). I love the colours. We don't have cats, I'm too clumsy for cats!

Dawn

littlelixie said...

Really like the necklace. For a minute I thought DF was 'darling father' and was wondering what he'd done to look so young.

RoxyK said...

Not long to go now - you'll be so pleased when it's all finished. It's such a great feeling isn't it!

Steph said...

I'm tagging you!
Tell us 5 of your personal idiosyncrasies and then tag 5 others with the same task (if you wish).