Sunday, July 03, 2005

Mmm...soft

Hey doodly do!
I've managed to finish a WIP! The Hip Knits silk tank is now finished. If I'd have put my mind (and fingers!) to it this would have been finished days after starting.... but all those new things...

Any how, here is a piccy of me wearing it (not the best, but with a webcam what can u do?)


I was breathing in as much as humanly possible for this picture!
The silk yarn from Hip Knits is sooo soft! Plain as it may be, just wearing it is a pleasure! I'm still wearing it while posting, I may need a helper to prise me away from it! Best of all, it only took two out of three skeins (dependant on weight:yardage ratio of course) so I have one left for something else! Silk is deceivingly generous on yardage so I tried to make something yarn-conservative; I'll know next time!
Also on the needles (and not growing particularly quickly) is a scarf for my sis Julia who is 40 on friday! Better get knitting! Though I have chickened out and bought M&S vouchers as well if I don't complete!
feather and fan stitch= simple but effective
The yarn is from Yarnwise on ebay and is excellent value. It's a littlebit more green in daylight but beautiful nonetheless! I was horrified when I got up yesterday to find it on the stairs with thr wool would around everything in the living-room, landing and PC room! While Pussycat doesn't play with wool, the loves the needles :o( Amazingly the knitting was still on the needles and un-chewed!
Also, I have bought some bag handles for the trellis-stitch bag I'm making in cotton tape and linen print. It was an expensive day yesterday as I went undie shopping and bought a little more besides...oops...don't tell the 'evil monkey' (darling fiance makes an expression like the evil monkey from 'Family Guy' when he's P'd off!)
Plastic but practical?
Whadya think? I reckon plastic is more practical (and cheaper) than wooden... we'll see. If they don't suit I'll take em back and buy different ones... for once I've kept a receipt!
If you have any other (easy) lace scarf patterns please let me know... though inexperienced with lace knitting I'd like to get better and move on from feather and fan and branching out is too recent to start another one!
Well thats it for now, I'm worn out without doing much today. Sunday Syndrome: the days passes like lightning leaving you tired, bewildered and anxious of tomorrow.
x

3 comments:

Steph said...

Love your silk top! Hope to see you wearing it soon. :-)

RoxyK said...

It looks really good - I'm definitely going to give in and try Hip Knits soon - but how long can I hold out?????

littlelixie said...

That top is yum. Ooooh, clapotis or top, clapotis or top....?