Wednesday, July 06, 2005

Improvisation!

Well life seems to be all about improvisation lately. Nothing quite turns out as planned... is having the skill to improvise better than making the perfect fool-proof plan? Hmmm....

Well while some of you ponder that queation, I have pictures of a finished item! True I should never have started it in the first place, but it wasn't my fault. Really. The lady knows who she is! ;o)

Well here is my own improvised version of
One Skein Wonder.











back










front

It's made with the 'free'
Sari silk I had from Hip Knits and some Jaeger 'Aqua' dk cotton in 'indigo'. I didn;t think I'd have enough to pick up the stitches around the body so i had to improvise a little... so really it ought to be a 'Two Skein Wonder'. I guess I used more yardage due to the nature of the yarn.

And as promised I have a picture of the front of my Trellis Stitch Bag.

















dodgy photography... not uneven bag!

If you turn your head to the side you'll see that Darth Vader's shadow in on the bag... it's just a trick of the light...I'll never turn to the Dark Side... unless the Dark Side give free wool and needles and lots of coffee and buttons...

Lastly i have a lovely picture of some *new* stash- the lovely
Hip Knits cotton I ordered on Monday! How quick was that!!!!















It's called 'Blossom' and looks beautiful... though it smells absolutely disgusting! I'm gonna have to air it out and perfume it safely- there's no way I can knit with something which smell ''sewery''- probably the dye.

I feel much better now- something worthwhile to blog, chille-con-carne for tea and getting away from blasted work!

Well... I guess I oughta try an early night... then again...

2 comments:

littlelixie said...

Your one skein wonder looks fantastic!

Steph said...

Love your bag! Well done with the improvisation on the OSW too. Get an early night? What with that Blossom cotton sitting there waiting for you? Never...!