Saturday, July 16, 2005

Jenny woes

Hey folks

I'm afraid I may be being a little dense here, but what the hell...I'm stuck!!

I'm having trouble working out the last part of the Left front of jenny. I've completed the back no trouble, but I'm a bit confused about the instructions for shaping the neck on the fronts.
I'm decreasing above the armhole for the raglan now, but to shapethe neck it says:
(26st)
RS:k2tog, patt 8 st, cast off rem 16st
Break yarn
Rejoin yarn with WS facing and dec 1 st at neck edge on next fiverows and at same time dec 1st at raglan armhole edge of 2nd and follalt rows, ending RS facing for next row. 2st
K2tog and fasten off.

Qu: Why do i have to cast off only to rejoin the yarn when I end at the correct edge?

Hmmm.

Well I'm gonna have a fresh look at it tomorrow and maybe ask mum if I go for lunch... but since I've slacked and not done as much work as I was supposed to havedone, it looks unlikely. And to think I missed our knit-chat today as well!

I rarely miss our Saturday meets but I've been feeling so poorly with my headaches this week plus the PMS that I felt that a day indoors might help me to recooperate... and do some work for my Honours Project.

Well... I'm tired from reading stupid papers on myeloma and various immunological methods of detection. I've put little yellow sticky notes on them as well to pinpoint important passages without drawing all over them too! Now I've got to make a flow chart of laboratory protocols and research a little more before starting a Literature Review on the subject of my project... all this and still haven't got the ethics sorted. Hmph! And to think I have to start collecting samples next week!

I'll post some piccys up tomorrow of the progress on Jenny... if I ever figure out the reasoning of the pattern.

Maybe it's Rowan? Then again maybe it's me!

No comments: