Wednesday, July 13, 2005

Definately a pink day


Yesterday was definately a pink day... as was today! I'm having a phase I think!

On Monday I knit a mini clapotis (see previous posts) in South West Trading 'Bamboo' (shade bougainvillea)


I wore it yesterday with a bright pink gypsy skirt and lilac lacy top. Very Girlie!
And here's me modelling it for you today with another pink patterned top, but I restrained myself and wore it with black capri pants today ;o)



Also looking weary after a hard day's work and cooking curry in this heat for my dear beloved (who only does oven chip food combinations).

Another pink picture is the little teensy bit of crochet I learnt yesterday.



I bought 'Simply Knitting' magazine for the first time, only to find the main 2 patterns were Rowan patterns I already have in other Rowan books. Hmph! Nevertheless, I learnt how to do a chain, double crochet and a half-treble for £3.45 and a free plastic hook! I thought that a few crochet skills wouldn't go amiss since a lot of edgings on knitted items are crocheted. Dont worry I'm not abandoning knitting or turning to 'The Dark Side'!

Lastly for the pink pictures is the progress I've made with 'Jenny'.

I've decided after a little bit more knitting that I like it and will now get cracking! Here she is... a bit crumply on the needle, but I love the 'blossom' cotton from HipKnits! The only problem I have with cotton is that it's harder on the wrists than wool and makes my fingers ache much quicker. With wool I can knit for hours, but after 40-60mins I have to stop. Frustrating when i want to zoom along!

Thankyou all for sharing your view on 'Jenny'. I guess sometimes I need a little encouragement to crack on with some things. I don't have as many WIPs now that I've finished mini clapotis' and such. I estimate that I have about 5 apart from 'Jenny', with one being an experimental OSW in giotto on 7mm needles and another Colinette project long ago knitted and just awaiting sewing up. So for me that aint bad!

Though I'm wondering whether to have a go at 'Elspeth' in Rowan Magazine 37... it was published in this months 'Simply Knitting' and somehow called to me though I'd seen it before. I suppose it's because I have some Calmer in the stash in my all time favourite colour 'Joy'. The majority of shade cards make it look navy, but I had to take a piccy to show you that it's more auberginey-purple ( picture came out a little lighter as I had to put 'big light' on!)

So vote now... shall I, shan't I... Like I need another WIP!!!....but she's lovely...ooh I don't know what to do! ;o)

After eating all the cherry tomatoes I shall now try and get enough knitting in before bed time!

2 comments:

Daisy said...

I found it a lot harder knitting with cotton at first, but then I got used to it and can knit with it in longer bursts now!

RoxyK said...

I'm the same with cotton. Now I just do a bit now and then - it's gets there eventually..........no rush is there!