Sunday, February 03, 2008

Weekly Topic 3

The Project Process

Q: What is your process when planning a project? Do you shop for yarn and then find a suitable pattern? Do you find your pattern and then go out to buy the yarn? Or are you stash-busting? If your stash is out of control, how did it get that way?

The best answer to this question is all 4 options!!!!
*Sometimes I see a yarn I really like and find a pattern linked to it I'd like to make. If the yarn is a fairly generic DK or Aran weight then I try and find a pattern that I've wanted to make before.
*Sometimes I see a pattern I like and keep a mental note; most of the time I go surfing like crazy through my popular knitting shops/sites and try and find an affordable but fitting yarn for the pattern if the yarn used is too expensive or not something I like. It's not often I have stash for must have patterns!
*If at all possible I'll use stash. On the odd occasion I'll try and find a pattern for some stash yarn I have.
* I really really need to cull my stash. There is a lot of long lost WIP stash and odd balls of something or other or yarn I've bought and I cannot think why on earth I have bought it! I can't physically bin it though!!! Maybe I'll take the more hideous stuff to a charity shop and ebay what "nice but I'll never use because.." stash or give it away. I've been promising to cull for ages....

On a different note:

I've almost finished Dahlia! I need to cast off the bottom of the skirt now that it is 12inches and finish the sleeves and it will be done. I'll take photos and update when I finish it.
The Garden Scarf is about 5 flowers long. I really like how quick the flowers grow.
I'm waiting for my swap details to come through. I really hope that I'm still a part of the UK Swap! My very first no less and I'm really excited too!!! I know this an abrupt post but I really want to get some progress on Dahlia while Seth is napping!

x

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ahhh, you signed up for the UUK SWAp. Well to give you a first hint. This is me your partner. Hahahaha

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/9/96/Countvoncount.jpg

Anonymous said...

The email monster residing in my inbox has eaten the details of how to get in touch with you... would you mind dropping me a line? Or are you to busy chatting with your downstream partner.

The mysterious Count von COunt can be reached via Meremptah at gmx dor net