Saturday, February 23, 2008

A FO!!!

Wow, the first 'proper' FO of the year!

Dahlia is finally finished! All the knitty gritty is on my ravelry profile :o)

Here's the pics tho as promised. I literally finished it tonight and am super happy with it. Albeit a little baggy, I'm sure I can pimp it up with a scarf or nice belt at the waist as suggested in the pattern notes.

































Well they aren't fabulous shots but for midnight using the camera on my phone, they'll have to do until I can get DB to play photographer.

I'm really happy with how everything turned out, even the sleeves. I was afraid they'd be weird because I had to do them on 5.5mm dpns instead of 5mm dpns. I would've eventualy bought another set to replace my lost 5mm dpn set but I wanted to wear this o Ravelry day- hurrah only 8days to go!





























Well guys sorry for the uber-short post but I'm shattered and really need to get some ZZzzz's!


Ooops I forgot to do the Topic 6 answer for UKSwap!
Q: Have you done a swap before (doesn't have to be a knitting swap)? What do you like best about swapping? Are there any personal "requirements" that a swap has to have before you will join?

Well, this is my first swap! I guess I was a little too nervous before to join one, but I've really enjoyed this so far. I guess I didn't want to much fussing with the swap. This is fairly straightforward with a reasonable budget (though I've got a little carried away!). I'll definately consider doing another!















7 comments:

Janey said...

Your Dahlia looks great, a really nice fit.

I had to stop by and say hello as I've had a quick read through your blog and noticed that your a BMS. Me too! Well done on getting your degree...it's not easy is it?

I'll add you to my blogroll!

Daisy said...

Dahlia looks fantastic!

blog-blethers said...

I love Dahlia! And don't worry about the midnight/camera phone photography - it's better than my daylight with camera efforts:)

Ang said...

Dahlia looks wonderful!

Dawn said...

It looks great, you can't tell you used different needles for the sleeves - good job they're small!

Anonymous said...

Looks lovely, the colour suits you too. Just making sur ei am a good pal and get in touch with you every week. I received some of the stuff that is supposed to travel your way in the mail, but one bit is missing and I have to wait for it...

your SP

Anonymous said...

That entry has been here a while. Come on, what is next on the needles?

your SP