Saturday, July 01, 2006

Pleasure in a pod

I think I'm doing well for blogging this week!
Last night I started on a new baby pattern:
















It's called the "Pea Pod Baby Set". I thought that even though it has a lacy panel it would still be ok for either a boy or girl? It is a free pattern which I got from a link posted up in my last comments. There's loads of patterns on there and I chose this and another plain hooded top.
After finding worthy patterns, of course I had to get some yarn.... so I ordered some DB Cotton Cashmere and Cashmerino DK in sky blue (shade 09).

I may hunt down a few more patterns today, but Annette is meeting me at KnitChat today and she'd bringing a few for me to look at. Thankyou!!! I haven't been to KnitChat for a while as moving into our new place has taken up so much time. I decided I needed a break today though as we've had a little bad news this morning.

Unfortunately our family dog Rags which lives with mum and dad will have to put to rest today :o( Rags had gotten to a fine age and it was cruel to try and patch her up just to hold on for a little while longer, so mum is taking her to the vets. I think if I'm out of the house it wont rest on my mind as much. Being hormonal is bad enough, but news like this really upset me this morning but I've had my tears and now I must get on with it.

On a better note, my garden is looking lovely and the nursery decoration is finished! I'm going to start bringing over all the baby stuff stashed at my mums soon and try and get some sorting done before the cotbed arrives in a few weeks. It's all really exciting for me now though I have 8 weeks left to my due date!

I hope all og you who've travelled to Woolfest have a great time (very jealous!) and I share comiserations with the rest of you who couldn't go like me!
Have a good weekend all!
x

1 comment:

Unknown said...

This pattern is very nice, good luck with your last weeks. I think the cardigan is doing oke for Boys and Girls. Greeting from the netherlands