Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Whoo hoo!

Hey folks!

Yup.... it's been a while since the last post but since internet access is sparse I'm getting on when I can!
At the mo I've just finished lectures at uni for the day and I'm sat in the very crowded learning centre! I've bought some wool (shock horror- yeah right!) for a C*******s present for my lil niece Alex. Yup another cardi- like that'll be a surprise!

I saw the pattern in the latest issue of Simply Knitting. It's a Debbie Bliss Cashmerino Astrakhan/Cashmerino Aran thing with a hood and looked adorable! I'm a sucker for baby hoodies it has to be said!
Though being Debbie Bliss it didn't come cheap (!!) and I'll have to get cracking on with the fair-isle cardigan and scarf I've started.... oh why do I keep starting projects?!

I'd just got the WIP/UFO list down to a reasonable 5-10 when off I go again....!

It's not as if I have much time with Wolverhampton University giving more work than a spanish mule and having no PC internet ready being a right pain in the a***!

Ho Hum... while I'm abusing my free time and internet access for the knitting world I may as well put it to good use huh!

And so with the news.... still at mum's. Still very restless and becoming more like the hostile teenager I once was when living full time at home with very old-fashioned parents with no TV or music taste to speak of and wanting to know what I'm doing every minute of the bloody day.

Still... I managed to spend an obscene amount of money on Saturday on:

* GAP skirt and T-shirt from the sale,
* V.Expensive but DAMN GORGEOUS black leather knee-high boots with a small heel which I can actually walk in without creating disasters,
* Other stuff single girls are entitled to have.

So with my loverly boots I have conquered uni today and felt good about myself, attended the tuesday dinnertime knit chat meet (though project-less) and started the dreaded c*******s shopping.

Tonight I was going out, however as the estate agents from hell which are letting the flat I want didn't turn up (for a 2nd time) I have to go again tonight to make sure the flat is up to spec and get an idea of furniture etc. Very Exciting! I can't wait for me and my cats to live in harmony once more!

O.K. I haven't anything else. My life isn't spectacularly interesting atm as I have no webcam to tantalize you with my attempts at fair-isle or show you my red hair and happy face!

keep well everyone

Love Fi x

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

we missed you on saturday, missus!

Anonymous said...

dear scarletprincess: thank you for that "brain" link. it gave me more of what i'd like to be than what i actually am. welcome to knitting, which i have revisited after a 30-year absence. your efforts are much better than mine! chin up. hope you get situated in your own place soonest! i love my now-empty nest. best regards, mary (torrance, california usa)

Uknitty said...

Oh everyone knows that black boots are an essential;)

Debbie Bliss does some really cute baby stuff, they are hard to resist knitting.

C x